- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Current Job Opportunities
To apply for any of the NBAA jobs listed below, please include your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and where you saw the posting.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes and cover letters must be in English to be considered for the position. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line.
Apply via mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
1200 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
NBAA offers its professional staff generous and comprehensive benefit package. Review the list of NBAA employee benefits.
For full details about each position, download the complete job description in PDF format. EEO M/F/D/V.
Updated Oct. 29, 2014
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and special projects for the President/CEO and for the two Vice Presidents of Government Affairs.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Schedules all meetings and activities for the President/CEO.
- Answers and screens telephone calls for the President/CEO.
- Handles inquiries for the President/CEO and serves as liaison between the President/CEO and staff.
- Briefs the President/CEO on current and outstanding issues for action.
- Checks deadlines on incoming requests for the President/CEO.
- Maintains records and files, including “tickler” system.
- Types, proofreads, edits, copies, distributes, files and retrieves correspondence such as letters, memos, reports, agendas and minutes.
- Arranges all travel for the President/CEO. Prepares a travel itinerary prior to travel for the President/CEO.
- Maintains records regarding vacation/leave approvals for staff reporting to the President/CEO.
- In conjunction with the COO, schedules and plans the Senior Executives Offsite Meetings per President/CEO’s availability and approval.
- Submits expense reports to COO for signature for Senior Executives reporting to CEO.
- Submits Board of Directors expense reports to COO for signature and to accounting for payment.
- Works closely with staff planning Board meetings and functions regarding meeting logistics, etc.
- Arranges air travel, housing, ground transportation, meals, agenda, and prepares event schedules for President/CEO and other needs as requested for NBAA BACE.
- Assists in the development of correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, speeches, testimony, etc. for the CEO.
- Assists President/CEO with weekly meeting updates, expense report processing, payment approvals, budget updates. Maintains departmental database and files, invoices, pre-trip approvals, purchase orders, signature requests, etc
- Approves leave requests for staff reporting to President/CEO.
- Generates NBAA PAC reports for Lobby Disclosure Act and Federal Election Commission filings
- Prepares Congressional Information Packets that are used for Capitol Hill visits.
- Handles travel arrangements for the VPs Government Affairs, as necessary. Prepares a travel itinerary prior to travel.
- Organizes and schedules meetings, contacts participants, reserves conference rooms, orders meals or snacks if necessary.
- Opens, sorts, distributes and prioritizes all incoming mail and other correspondence. Reviews and evaluates items that require priority attention and responds to routine inquiries.
- Types, proofreads, edits, copies, distributes, files and retrieves correspondence such as letters, memos, reports agendas and minutes.
- Prepares expense reports.
- Prepares Payment Request Forms to process invoices.
- Supports the VPs and the President/CEO’s responsibilities with other aviation industry groups.
- Processes and tracks all departmental invoices and monitors expenses.
- Inputs information into and updates CEO’s and VPs’ calendars and contact lists.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and confidential issues.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five years administrative experience supporting an executive or senior level manager.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multi task multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Technologically savvy with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including dealing with the public and staff both in person and on the phone. Communicates effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Ability to work in an environment in which deadlines change frequently.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to travel once a year to NBAA BACE
- Ability to work overtime and under time constraints.
- Ability to make recommendations to provide improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Good math skills.
Desired qualifications include:
- Accredited bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill. Familiarity with the legislative process and procedural jargon.