- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Current Job Opportunities
To apply for any of the NBAA jobs listed below, please include your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and where you saw the posting.
Apply via email to email@example.com. All resumes and cover letters must be in English to be considered for the position. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line.
Apply via mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
1299 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20004
For full details about each position, download the complete job description in PDF format. EEO M/F/D/V.
Updated September 25, 2013
The Manager, Safety and Flight Operations, oversees NBAA's safety and flight operations initiatives and rulemakings from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Department of Labor, Small Business Administration (SBA) and others that affect domestic business aircraft operations and coordinate appropriate Association and Member-focused responses. The Manager, Safety and Flight Operation develops and maintains knowledge of aircraft procedures for evolving communication, surveillance and navigation activities that affect domestic business aircraft operations.
- Extensive knowledge of flight operations
- Knowledge of the FAA and ICAO regulations and standards and the relationships between the two organizations
- Knowledge of the aviation regulatory process for FARs and SARPs and their domestic development and application
- Four-year accredited Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the business aviation industry in flight operations
- Minimum Commercial FAA Pilot Certificate in any category or class
- 1 year experience as a professional pilot. Examples include work in flight instruction, air tour operations, on-demand charter, fractional or flight department operations or related equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in developing aviation rules
- 1 year experience as a representative advocating for an industry or organization
Desired qualifications include:
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- FAA dispatcher’s certificate or equivalent experience
- Domestic flight experience or flight planning
- Four-year accredited Bachelor’s degree in Aviation or related degree
- College level course work in aviation
- Electrical and/or aeronautical engineering experience
- Working for or with an aviation regulator
- Extensive flight instruction or flight operations experience as flight crew member or in flight planning/dispatch