- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Numerous Certified Aviation Manager Events Set for NBAA2013
October 9, 2013
NBAA’s Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA2013) will offer a number of events and education sessions both for those thinking about becoming a Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) and for those already involved with the program.
On Tuesday, Oct. 22, at 3 p.m., the session “Roadmap to CAM” will help answer attendees' CAM-related questions regarding qualifying and completing the CAM application, studying for the exam and what to expect when taking the exam. The event will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in room N236.
Additionally, a wide variety of education sessions have been selected as eligible for CAM points toward recertification or the initial CAM application. They are:
Tuesday, Oct. 22:
- Risk Management 101
- Targeting the Current Transaction Market
- The Perfect Storm: Continuing to Address the Business Aviation Talent Shortage
- Succession Development in Leading Organizations
- Federal Excise Tax on Aircraft Management Companies
- Operating and Doing Business in China
- Six Stages to High Altitude Leadership
Wednesday, Oct. 23:
- Leadership – The Soft Stuff Doesn’t Have to Be the Hard Stuff
- Six Shades of Gray – FAA and DOT Regulatory Compliance
- SMS – Not Just for Pilots!
- How to Structure “Charter Management” Arrangements to Comply With the FAA Requirements
- Business Aviation – Sustainability in a World of Change
- Creating High Performance Business Aviation Teams Through Transformational Leadership
- Safety Management Systems: Energizing Your Safety Assurance With Tools and Guidance for Small Operators
The education sessions involved in this program will be worth one-quarter point each toward the CAM application or recertification for current CAMs. Participants will receive training acknowledgment from NBAA for session attendance.
NBAA’s CAM Program identifies qualified professionals to lead flight departments and companies that use business aircraft. For those interested, the CAM Governing Board now offers a CAM Candidate Information Handbook to provide a broad overview of the program – including a description of the exam and its administration, certification and recertification requirements, sample exam questions and answers to frequently asked questions.