- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
A Gathering of Our Community: NBAA 54th Annual Meeting & Convention
Contact: Cassandra Bosco
Washington, DC, September 21, 2001 - For more than half a century, through wars and recessions, good times and bad, the Members of the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) have come together each year to exchange ideas and fellowship. That need has never been greater than it is today. Our nation has suffered a terrible loss and there will be difficult days ahead. But President Bush has asked that we continue our lives, and the success of our community, so essential to our nation’s economy and quality of life, is absolutely vital to our national recovery. NBAA’s Board of Directors invites the Membership to come together once again for a gathering of our community and to face our challenges together and directly. Please join us in New Orleans, December 12 to 14, 2001, for the NBAA 54th Annual Meeting & Convention.
NBAA 54th Annual Meeting & Convention
NBAA’s 54th Annual Meeting & Convention will take place on December 12 to 14 in New Orleans and will include Exhibits and a Static Display of Aircraft at Lakefront Airport.
In response to the events of September 11, all 78 Informational Sessions are expected to be presented as previously planned and many will include new safety and security components. New Informational Sessions will be presented on:
- The condition and future of the nation’s air traffic control system
- New Federal security actions
- Revisions to the internal security practices of NBAA Member Companies
- The economy and the role of business aviation in it
- The benefits of business aircraft use available to non-operators.
The rescheduling of the Annual Meeting & Convention for December in New Orleans accommodates the formidable logistics and practical realities of rescheduling and reassembling the Convention, Static Display of Aircraft and a revised Informational Session program for the greatest number of NBAA Members. Many alternate dates and cities were considered in this decision.
Due to its importance to the business aviation community, NBAA will make every effort to ensure maximum participation and benefit for both Exhibitors and Attendees.
Next week, NBAA will announce plans for supplying humanitarian relief for the victims of the September 11 attacks and their families.
The format of the rescheduled Annual Meeting & Convention program is expected to include the following changes:
- A plenary session will be held to address the current "State of Business Aviation." Prominent aviation, business and government leaders will address this issue.
- NBAA will not host social events in New Orleans, including the NBAA Annual Safety Awards Banquet. NBAA will issue its annual awards at the President’s Luncheon on Wednesday, December 12.
- New security procedures will be in place for Attendees and Exhibitors.
- Delegate registration and Exhibitor space fees previously paid will be either reapplied or refunded at the participant’s discretion.
- The Annual Meeting of Members, a business meeting required by District of Columbia law under which NBAA is incorporated and normally held on the second day of the Annual Meeting & Convention, will instead be held on October 31, 2001, at 8:00 a.m. at NBAA offices in Washington, DC.
- Additional details for Exhibitors and Delegates regarding the NBAA 54th Annual Meeting & Convention will be available during the week of September 24 either online at www.nbaa.org/2001 or via mail or fax.
NBAA represents the aviation interests of over 6,700 companies which own or operate general aviation aircraft as an aid to the conduct of their business, or are involved with business aviation. NBAA Member Companies earn annual revenues approaching $5 trillion — a number that is about half the gross domestic product — and employ more than 19 million people worldwide. The NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention is the world's largest display of civil aviation products and services.