- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Burkhart Promoted to Director, Regional Programs
Contact: Cassandra Bosco
Washington, DC, July 1, 2002 - The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is pleased to announce that Daniel W. Burkhart has been promoted to director, regional programs. Effective today, he will assume the day-to-day responsibilities and supervision of the NBAA Regional Representative Program, which comprises Staff members who act as representatives for various regions of the United States and are based outside of Washington Headquarters.
NBAA’s Regional Representative Program was established primarily to:
- Build local, long-term relationships with NBAA Member Companies across the country
- Facilitate and encourage communications from each region to NBAA Headquarters in Washington
- Establish a tactical arm of NBAA to show the impact of local issues on Members Companies
- Apply regional input as an important element for development of NBAA’s overall short-and long-term strategies.
The Association has assigned representatives to the West, Southwest, Midwest, Northeast and Southeast regions of the United States. Their duties include:
- Visiting and contacting Member and non-Member organizations
- Communicating and coordinating with NBAA Headquarters Staff
- Speaking and presenting on behalf of NBAA and the business aviation community
- Keeping abreast of civic and regulatory issues and legislation that could impact business aviation.
Burkhart joined NBAA in January 1998 as regional representative for the western United States. He has an extensive background in military, commercial and business aviation, including several years as a general manager of a major FBO in Carlsbad, CA. He is a retired U.S. Naval reserve commander and a veteran pilot.
NBAA represents the aviation interests of more than 7,100 companies which own or operate general aviation aircraft as an aid to the conduct of their business, or are involved with business aviation. NBAA Member Companies earn annual revenues approaching $5 trillion — a number that is about half the gross domestic product — and employ more than 19 million people worldwide. The NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention is the world's largest display of civil aviation products and services.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, fill out and submit the online form found on the web at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.