- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation ScholarshipContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or [email protected]
WASHINGTON, DC, August 1, 2005 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) has awarded $5,000 in scholarship funds to five students who seek to advance their professional development in the business aviation industry.
The winners of the 2004 NBAA UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship are: Benjamin Cole, Matthew Collier, Heather Lemmon, Gamaliel Neyor and Darren Schultz. Each student will receive $1,000.
- Benjamin Cole is a junior at Southern Illinois University majoring in aviation flight management who holds a private pilot license. Having worked as a flight instructor, he seeks a career in business aviation in the Midwest.
- Matthew Collier is a junior at Southern Illinois University majoring in aviation management. A private pilot, his career goal is to fly business aviation jets and assume a management role in corporate flight operations.
- Heather Lemmon is a sophomore at Southern Illinois University majoring in aviation management. The university's career day event inspired her interest in aviation.
- Gamaliel Neyor is a sophomore majoring in aviation sciences at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. He holds a private pilot license and is considering a career as a corporate pilot.
- Darren Schultz is a senior at the University of North Dakota majoring in commercial aviation/air traffic control. He is a flight instructor with more than 445 hours who intends to pursue a career in business aviation.
Applications for the 2005 UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship, which are available on the NBAA web site at www.nbaa.org/scholarships, are due November 1, 2005. For further details, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353 or [email protected].
# # #
Founded in 1947, NBAA serves more than 7,000 Member Companies by promoting the aviation interests of organizations utilizing business aircraft in the United States and worldwide. The association provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.