- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Applauds Women in Corporate Aviation ScholarshipsContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or email@example.com
WASHINGTON, DC, August 1, 2005 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today joined Women in Corporate Aviation, International (WCA), in announcing three new scholarships for individuals pursuing careers in corporate/business aviation. The WCA scholarships provide access to instruction, training and other resources in support of career advancement and professional development for current and future aviation professionals.
The three WCA scholarships will be presented at the NBAA 58th Annual Meeting & Convention, scheduled for November 15 through 17, 2005, in New Orleans, LA.
"NBAA has long supported educational initiatives for business aviation professionals," said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. "We are delighted to partner with Women in Corporate Aviation to present these scholarships, which encourage growth and contribute to the development of tomorrow's business aviation leaders."
The three scholarships include:
- An Inspection Authorization Scholarship sponsored by WCA, Aircraft Technical Publishers (ATP) and King's School of Aeronautics will be awarded to help a selected aviation professional earn an Inspection Authorization (IA) certificate and acquire the tools needed to use the IA certificate for a year. The scholarship recipient will receive: an Inspection Authorization preparation course from King's, valued at $570, as well as a three-month subscription to the ATP's IA Professional Regulatory CD (FF1) as a learning aid for the course and required exam, the $100 exam fee, and a one-year, post-authorization subscription to ATP's IA Professional Regulatory CD (FF1) to enable scholarship recipients to use their IA, all valued at $787.50. Applicants must be licensed FAA airframe and powerplant mechanics, eligible to take the IA written test at the time of application, and able to demonstrate financial need for the scholarship. The total value of the scholarship is $1,357.50.
- WCA and the Cessna Aircraft Company will present a Pilot Scholarship to an individual who is interested in continued pursuit of a career in corporate/business aviation. The scholarship is valued at $800 and includes a commercial student pilot kit from the Cessna Aircraft Company, as well as $500 from WCA paid to the scholarship recipient's flight school to assist the candidate in completing the training for a commercial license. Applicants must have their private pilot license, instrument rating and second-class medical certificate at the time of application.
- WCA will present a Career Scholarship to an individual who is interested in continued pursuit of a career in any job classification in corporate/business aviation. The $1,000 award can be used toward the NBAA Professional Development Program (PDP) courses, flight training, dispatcher training or upgrades in aviation education. Applicants should be actively working toward their goal and able to show financial need.
# # #
Founded in 1947, NBAA serves more than 7,000 Member Companies by promoting the aviation interests of organizations utilizing business aircraft in the United States and worldwide. The association provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.