- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces 2006 Winners of Five Scholarships That Promote Collegiate Business Aviation InstructionContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or [email protected]
ORLANDO, FL, October 19, 2006 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) announces the 2006 winners of five scholarships that promote the pursuit of learning about the aviation and aerospace industry. Scholarship recipients were recognized during the NBAA 59th Annual Meeting & Convention.
The scholarships awarded are:
- Lawrence Ginocchio Aviation Scholarship
- United States Aircraft Insurance Group (USAIG)/Professional Development Program (PDP) Scholarship
- NORDAM Dee Howard/Etienne Fage Scholarship
- William M. Fanning Maintenance Scholarship
- AvFuel Michigan Business Aviation Scholarship
The Lawrence Ginocchio Aviation Scholarship
NBAA has selected five students enrolled at NBAA/UAA-member institutions to receive the Lawrence Ginocchio Aviation Scholarship. The recipients, who will each receive $5,000, are:
- Stephen N. Hale, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University at Daytona Beach, aeronautical science major
- Sean Michael Ronnenberg, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University at Daytona Beach, aeronautical science major
- David Smith, Western Michigan University, aviation flight science major
- Hilary Paige Greenfield, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University at Daytona Beach, aeronautical science and human factors psychology major
- Lindsay Anne Sorg, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University at Daytona Beach, FL, aeronautical science major
The United States Aircraft Insurance Group (USAIG)/Professional Development Program Scholarship
NBAA has selected Andrew Cousins, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University at Prescott, AZ, to receive the USAIG/PDP Scholarship. He is a junior with an aeronautical science major and a business minor.
The U.S. Aircraft Insurance Group (USAIG) annually awards $1,000 to an applicant enrolled full-time in a college or university offering the NBAA Professional Development Program (PDP). A member of NBAA since 1953, USAIG provides a complete spectrum of coverages for owners, operators, manufacturers and maintainers of corporate, private and commercial aircraft.
The NORDAM Dee Howard/Etienne Fage Scholarship
NBAA has selected Adrian Akerson, a sophomore majoring in aerospace engineering at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, for this year's $2,500 NORDAM Dee Howard/Etienne Fage Scholarship.
The NORDAM Dee Howard/Etienne Fage Scholarship was created by the NORDAM Group to honor the lifetime achievements of two aerospace engineering pioneers, Dee Howard and Etienne Fage. The scholarship seeks to encourage undergraduates to pursue an education in the fields of aerospace engineering and aeronautical systems maintenance engineering who are enrolled at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. NORDAM has been a world leader in aircraft component manufacturing and repair since 1969.
The William M. Fanning Maintenance Scholarship
NBAA has selected two students pursuing careers as maintenance technicians to receive the William M. Fanning Maintenance Scholarship. The recipients, who will receive $2,500 each, are:
- Laura Heinrichs, a student enrolled in an A&P (airframe and powerplant) program at Sinclair Community College, who plans to enroll in the University of Miami of Ohio.
- Daniel Walsh, who plans to receive his A&P license and finish his degree at Le Tourneau University.
The Avfuel Michigan Business Aviation Scholarship
NBAA has selected Alexander Winfield, a sophomore majoring in aviation science and administration at Western Michigan University, as the recipient of this year's $500 Avfuel Michigan Business Aviation Scholarship.
The Avfuel Corporation annually awards one $500 scholarship to an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an aviation-related program in the state of Michigan. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI, Avfuel Corporation is the nation's leading independent supplier of aviation fuels and services.
For More Information
NBAA offers several scholarships to promote professional and academic opportunities for development in business aviation careers. For more information, application forms and deadlines visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 7,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.