- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Call for Nominations: 2007 European Business Aviation AwardContacts:
Dan Hubbard, EBACE U.S. Office, (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gwenaëlle Brugallé, EBACE European Office, +32-2-766-0073 or email@example.com
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND, March 6, 2007 – The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) and the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), co-producers of the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE), today called for nominations for the 2007 European Business Aviation Award. The award, which was created to honor individuals who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of business aviation in Europe, is presented each year to one or more individuals during EBACE, the only European exhibition focusing exclusively on business aviation.
Nominations for the 2007 award are due to EBACE's European Office by March 31, 2007.
After receipt of the nominations, the EBACE Award Committee will review and select appropriate award recipients. Nominations must include the following items:
- A letter introducing the nominee and explaining why he or she is proposed for the award. This document serves as the nominator's letter of reference. (Additional letters of reference from individuals other than the nominator are optional, and may assist the Award Committee in reaching a judgment.)
- The nominee's professional biography and/or resume describing nominee's education, employment, accomplishments and honors.
- Any relevant supporting documents, including newspaper clippings, publications and articles related to the nomination.
- FlightSafety International (2006)
- City of Geneva (2006)
- Roger McMullin, CEO of TAG Aviation (2005)
- The staff of Cannes/Mandelieu Airport (2005)
- Jean-Francois Georges, former president and CEO of Dassault Falcon Jet Corp. and senior vice president of civil aircraft for Dassault Aviation (2004)
- Fernand Francois, CEO of the European Business Aviation Association (2004)
- Ahid Quntar, managing director, Royal Wings/Arab Wings (2003)
- Andrew Walters, chairman, Regional Airports Ltd. (2003)
- Richard Gooding, managing director, London City Airport (2002)
- Jean-Pierre Jobin, director general, Geneva International Airport (2002)
- Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, president and CEO, LEGO (2001)
- Frederik Sørensen, head of unit, European Commission (2001)
EBACE European Office
Attn: Gwen Brugallé
3080 Tervuren, Belgium
# # #
ABOUT EBACE – The 7th Annual European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2007) will be held May 22 through 24, 2007, at Geneva Palexpo Conference Center, located immediately adjacent to Geneva International Airport in Geneva, Switzerland. EBACE is organized jointly by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA). For more information about EBACE2007, visit www.ebace.aero.
ABOUT EBAA – The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) is the leading association for business aviation in Europe. EBAA's mission is to promote and support excellence and professionalism among its members, and to work diligently to gain recognition of business aviation as an essential sector of air transportation, serving the economy and society. More than two hundred business aviation companies (direct members or members of associate organizations) rely on the EBAA to promote their interests. For more information, visit www.ebaa.org.
ABOUT NBAA – Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.