- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Newly Approved Professional Development Program (PDP) CoursesContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or email@example.com
WASHINGTON, DC, May 14, 2007 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) announces the approval of four new Professional Development Program (PDP) Courses, which are offered by four different educational providers.
The courses and their provider organizations are as follows:
- Century CRM offers "Leadership: Introducing Leaders to Resource Management Within the Safety Management System," which meets PDP Objective L6.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers "Applied Human Factors: Optimizing Team Effectiveness in Business Aviation," which meets PDP Objective L6.
- FlightSafety International offers "Human Factors as It Relates to Company Culture and Business Aviation," which meets PDP Objective L6.
- Kansas State University offers "Corporate and Business Aviation, Including Travel Analysis and the Flight Department Function," which meets PDP Objective BM1.
NBAA's Professional Development Program was developed to prepare business aviation professionals for management roles within business aviation flight departments. The program encourages participation in coursework, recognizes outstanding participants and rewards those seeking careers in business aviation. PDP participation also helps prepare individuals interested in becoming Certified Aviation Managers (CAMs), though participation in PDP is not required for participation in the CAM Program.
NBAA is now preparing the schedule for all PDP Courses to be offered in 2008. As part of this process, a call for courses is being sent to all existing PDP educational providers.
NBAA also invites educational providers to submit new courses for PDP approval. Once a course is approved as an NBAA PDP Course, all students who complete the course receive both recognition from NBAA and credits toward the CAM application process. To be considered, courses must be submitted by July 1, 2007, and the PDP Review Committee will review submissions in the fall of 2007.
For more information about NBAA's Professional Development Program, including taking courses or becoming an educational provider, visit www.nbaa.org/pdp, or contact NBAA at (202) 783-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.