- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of 2007 Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians ScholarshipContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON, DC, July 2, 2007 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Flight Attendants Committee recognized the 53 recipients of the 2007 NBAA Flight Attendants/Flight Technicians Scholarship at the Association's 12th Annual Flight Attendants Conference, which drew more than 250 business aviation professionals to San Diego, CA, on June 29 and 30.
NBAA and its Flight Attendant Committee promote education and training as a means for business aviation flight attendants and flight technicians to enhance their professional careers. The 2007 awards are made possible by the following sponsors:
- AirCare International
- Air Chef
- Alteon, a Boeing Company
- Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Bombardier Aerospace
- Castle Kitchens Ltd.
- Cornerstone Strategies LLC
- The Corporate School of Etiquette
- The Darden School at the University of Virginia
- Dassault Falcon Jet
- FlightSafety International
- MedAire, Inc.
- Pelham Specialty Training, Inc.
- STARK Survival
- Survival Systems USA, Inc.
- Susan C. Friedenberg Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Lynn Stockmann, Deb Elam, Kathleen Murphy and Jonathan Burke – One-day business aviation-specific Inflight Emergency Medical, CPR and Defibrillator training class, sponsored by AirCare International
- Angela Nilson – Two-day Culinary Training class at the Culinary Institute of America, sponsored by Air Chef
- Lisa Jessie – Five-day Cabin Safety and Service Initial training program, sponsored by Alteon
- Richard Duma – Three-day Cabin Safety and Service Recurrent training, sponsored by Alteon
- Robert Morgan – Four-day Cabin Safety and Service Transition training, sponsored by Alteon
- Keena McEntyre, Elisa Jaskolka-Monney and Deborah Pearce – Four-day Cabin Safety, Medical and Service training, sponsored by Beyond and Above Corporate Flight Attendant Training
- Bridget Fitzpatrick – $1,000 training voucher to professional flight attendant training school, sponsored by Bombardier Aerospace
- Zachery Harmon – Six-day FACTS Initial Emergency Procedures training, sponsored by CAE/SimuFlite
- Barbara Demarais – Three-day FACTS Recurrent Emergency Procedures training for business aviation crewmembers, sponsored by CAE/SimuFlite
- Jill Packer and April Johnson – Two-day Food Safety training certified by The Royal Institute of Public Health, sponsored by Castle Kitchens Ltd.
- Killeen Cornish – NBAA Professional Development Program (PDP) Course offered and sponsored by Cornerstone Strategies LLC
- Ruthann Cecela – Five-day Etiquette training program, sponsored by The Corporate School of Etiquette
- Doddjerry McMillion – One Executive Education course at discounted rates – either "Developing Leadership Capability in the Corporate Aviation Function" or "Managing the Corporate Aviation Function," offered and sponsored by the Darden School at the University of Virginia
- Kimberly Goesling – $500 cash award for professional flight attendant training, sponsored by Dassault Falcon Jet
- Sharon Hertz and Ana Loucel – Half-day business aviation-specific Personal Security and Self-Defense training, sponsored by FACTS
- Fred Rosenthal and Heloiza Nichols – Two-day business aviation-specific Aviation Indoctrination Training and Galley Safety and Service training, sponsored by FACTS
- Laura Carroll and Lanis Thate-Hembree – Half-day business aviation-specific Advanced Service Training, sponsored by FACTS
- Thomas Pickett – Six-day Initial Emergency Procedures training for business aviation crewmembers, sponsored by FACTS
- Adrienne Dyner – Three-day Recurrent Emergency Procedures training for business aviation crewmembers, sponsored by FACTS
- Mary Miller and William Lehman – Five-day course encompassing all facets of the business aviation flight attendant profession, sponsored by FlightSafety International
- Susan Parry-Silva and Joanne Dye – Two-day course suitable for the experienced business aviation cabin crewmember, sponsored by FlightSafety International
- Jerome Carlson and April Tracey – One-day Business Aviation Catering course, sponsored by FlightSafety International
- Lucille Ircha and Audrey Lindner – Emergency training meeting the requirements of FAR Part 135, sponsored by FlightSafety International
- Celia Andrea Branas and Ann Tagliaferro – American Heart Association certification class in CPR and AED, sponsored by FlightSafety International
- Tina Fieweger and Ronda Smith – Recurrent American Heart Association certification class in CPR and AED, sponsored by FlightSafety International
- Michelle Flibotte and Elaine Markley – One-day Business Aviation Communication Equipment course, sponsored by FlightSafety International
- Michele Cyr, Tina Dickson, Barbie Stevens and Bridget Stoll – Two-day Initial Management of In-Flight Illness and Injury training, with American Heart Association AED/CPR certification included, sponsored by MedAire, Inc.
- Kimberly Mawdsley – 14-day course in Accelerated Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training, sponsored by Pelham Specialty Training, Inc.
- Donald Jackson Jr. and Christy Donahue – Open-Water training program, sponsored by STARK Survival
- Patricia Dempsey and Lisanne Schreoder – Cabin Emergency Response, Land and Water Survival training, and Aviation First Aid training per FAR 121.417/135.331, sponsored by Survival Systems USA, Inc.
- Karen Louis and Rebecca Aiello – Operational Procedures Program for business aviation flight attendants, sponsored by Susan C. Friedenberg Corporate Flight Attendant Training
Review the agenda of the 2007 Flight Attendants Conference online at web.nbaa.org/public/cs/fltatt/2007.
NBAA offers several scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information, visit the NBAA web site at www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.