- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces New Professional Development Program Courses, Seeks New Course ProvidersContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or [email protected]
WASHINGTON, DC, February 7, 2008 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the approval of six new Professional Development Program (PDP) Courses offered by six different PDP providers. NBAA also seeks new educational providers to develop additional courses.
The new offerings listed below are described by course number, title and PDP objective.
- CornerStone Strategies, LLC was approved for a course titled "Creating and Maintaining a Vibrant Company Mindset" (L1)
- Global Jet Services, Inc. was approved for a two-day course titled "Maintenance Resource Management" (L6)
- Grey Owl Aviation Consultants, Inc. was approved for a two-day course titled "Human Factors" (PM9)
- ServiceElements, Inc. was approved for a course titled "Capitalize on Human Resources" (PM4)
- Summit Solutions, LLC was approved for a course titled "Building, Coordinating and Developing a Flight Department Team" (BM4)
- University of Central Missouri was approved for a two-day course titled "Corporate Aviation Management" (BM1)
NBAA's Professional Development Program provides a curriculum for the education of current and future business aviation managers. The program encourages participation in coursework, recognizes outstanding candidates and participants, and rewards those seeking careers in business aviation.
PDP Courses also are a means of preparing individuals to become NBAA Certified Aviation Managers (CAMs), though participation in PDP is not required for participation in the CAM Program.
NBAA seeks providers for additional PDP Courses. Traditionally, established training organizations and educational institutions provide PDP Courses through a variety of convenient and flexible delivery methods, including Internet courses, video instructions and on-site seminars. Individuals and organizations interested in becoming PDP-approved providers should contact NBAA. The deadline for provider and course submissions is March 3, 2008; NBAA's PDP Review Committee will make selections in spring 2008.
For more information about PDP, visit www.nbaa.org/pdp.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.