- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of 2008 UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation ScholarshipContact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, September 22, 2008 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) has awarded $5,000 in scholarship funds to five students who seek to advance their professional development in the business aviation industry.
Each of the following 2008 NBAA UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship recipients received $1,000.
- Robert O. Bennett is a junior at Middle Tennessee State University majoring in Aerospace with a concentration in Professional Pilot. He is active in Alpha Eta Rho and a member of the MTSU Flight Team. He has been on the dean's list numerous times, was awarded the honor of being a Tennessee Scholar for 2006 and was nominated to the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. His goal is to be a corporate pilot with a Fortune 500 company.
- Angelica Maleskis is a junior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach Campus) majoring in Aviation Business Administration. She is fluent in English, Lithuanian, and Spanish. She is secretary of the Airport Management Club and president of the best buddies chapter. She is working part time for the Daytona Beach International Airport and aspires to a future career in airport management.
- Shannon Roth is a junior at Southern Illinois University. She works for the university at their Aviation Dispatch and Weather Desk. She is the secretary for the Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority and is an active member of two student groups: Aviation Management Society and Women in Aviation. She is double majoring in Aviation Management and Aviation Flight and hopes to fly for corporate America in her career.
- Farrin Whitney Maalia Souza is a junior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Prescott, AZ Campus) majoring in Aviation Business Administration with a concentration in airport management. She is an active community volunteer and a member of ERAU Panhellic Council and AAAE. She wants to become a director of airside operations.
- Rory Thiel Wilson is a sophomore at the University of North Dakota majoring in Aeronautical Science with a Pilot Concentration. He has volunteered in coaching and at the senior citizen center, along with making the President's Honor Roll and Dean's list. After serving his military tour, he would like to work as a pilot in business aviation.
This scholarship is named for Janice K. Barden, founder of Aviation Personnel International, who has been active in the aviation community for decades and has served many times as the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention Local Committee chair. NBAA annually awards a total of $5,000 to five undergraduates studying aviation-related curricula at NBAA and University Aviation Association (UAA) member institutions.
Applications for the 2009 UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship are available on the NBAA web site at www.nbaa.org/scholarships. For further details, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353 or email@example.com
NBAA offers several scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information or to download application forms, visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.