- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Five Recipients of 2009 Janice K. Barden Scholarship
Individuals Recognized at NBAA 62nd Annual Meeting & Convention in Orlando
Orlando, FL, October 21, 2009 – Five college students studying aviation-related curricula at National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and University Aviation Association (UAA) member institutions have received 2009 NBAA Barden Scholarship awards totaling $5,000. The scholarship recipients were recognized today during the Association's 62nd Annual Meeting & Convention (NBAA2009), taking place from October 20 to 22 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. The annual scholarships are named for Aviation Personnel International founder Janice K. Barden, who has been active in the aviation community for decades and has served many times as the Local Committee chair of NBAA's Annual Meeting & Convention.
The recipients of the 2009 Barden Scholarship are:
- Hillary Page Greenfield, a senior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University majoring in aeronautical science. She is a certified flight instructor who has won other NBAA scholarships, including the Ginocchio Scholarship in 2007.
- Laurel G. Mabry, a senior majoring in aviation management at Southern Illinois University. She has a private pilot's license.
- Joshua L. Olds, a senior majoring in aeronautical science at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- Amber L. Sulzner, a senior at the University of Dubuque who is majoring in aviation management and flight operations. She is an instrument-rated pilot and has worked as an intern in the office of an FAR Part 135 operator.
- Rodney Hadley, a graduate student at the University of Central Missouri majoring in aviation safety.
To learn more about the extensive scholarship opportunities offered by the Association, contact NBAA's Jay Evans, director, operations, at (202) 783-9353 or [email protected], or visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
For complete coverage of NBAA2009, visit www.nbaa.org/2009.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.