- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Updates Objectives for Professional Development Program Coursework
Three New Courses Approved as Association Seeks New Providers to Develop Additional Courses
Washington, DC, May 17, 2010 –The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the release of updated Professional Development Program (PDP) objectives and the approval of three new PDP courses.
NBAA’s PDP was developed to prepare business aviation professionals for management roles within business aviation flight departments. The program encourages participation in coursework, recognizes outstanding participants and rewards those seeking careers in business aviation. Courses are offered in the following five specialized areas, known as PDP objectives: business management, leadership, operations, human resources, and technical and facilities services.
All PDP objectives are designed to prepare students for participation in the NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Program, a certification program that identifies qualified professionals to lead flight departments and companies that use business aircraft. NBAA updated the PDP objectives to align them with the five CAM Program subject areas.
Established training organizations and educational institutions, known as approved PDP providers, offer courses year-round through a variety of convenient and flexible delivery methods, including on-site seminars, Internet courses and video instruction. The newest PDP course offerings listed below are described by course provider, title and PDP objective:
- The Aero Institute offers a distance-education course called “Human Resource Management for Aviation,” which covers benchmarking company human resource policies and meets PDP Objective PM6.
- Aviation Training Solutions offers a new course called “Developing Strategic Vision, Mission and Goals in Business Aviation,” which is available in a one-day class format with a flexible schedule and meets PDP Objectives L2 and L3.
- Convergent Performance LLC provides a course in a computer-based-instruction format titled “Maintenance Reliability Certification,” which evaluates human performance in aviation maintenance and meets PDP Objective L6.
NBAA seeks new PDP providers to develop additional courses. The deadline for provider and course submissions is June 7, 2010. Individuals and organizations interested in becoming PDP-approved providers or receiving a list of current PDP objectives should contact NBAA at (202) 783-9000 or [email protected], or review NBAA’s PDP information online at www.nbaa.org/pdp.
# # #
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.