- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA to Offer New Virtual International Operators Conference
Entirely Online: Interactive Course on Business Aircraft Operations by Global Region
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org[email protected]
Washington, DC, September 12, 2011 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced an online expansion of one of its longest-running seminars, the International Operators Conference (IOC). From September 26 to November 18, the new webinar series and virtual study group will provide global regional reviews to explain regulatory and operational requirements unique to each region of the world.
The content of the online course is based on IOC Regional Review presentations that were made at the 2011 conference. The series is designed both for those wishing to increase their international operations experience and for those just beginning their international flight training. It also is an ideal review for those planning to attend the NBAA 39th Annual International Operators Conference in person from March 12 to 15, 2012, in San Diego, CA.
This interactive online course not only includes six webinars presented by subject-matter experts and focusing on different international regions, but also offers participants exclusive access to a virtual study group for the duration of the course. The virtual study groups allow for private individual and group interaction, weekly discussion questions and a live chat with the presenters for the weekly webinar topic.
Topics to be covered by the series will include:
- September 26 – Week 1: Introduction
- October 3 – Week 2: Middle East and Africa, moderated by Lex den Herder, Universal Weather & Aviation, Inc.
- October 10 – Week 3: No webinars or chats planned during NBAA 64th Annual Meeting & Convention in Las Vegas, NV, but an on-site networking event for webinar participants will occur on Tuesday, October, 11.
- October 17 – Week 4: Pacific Rim, moderated by Michael Ouellette, Baseops International
- October 24 – Week 5: Russia & China, moderated by Keith Dixon, Colt International and Mike Wittman, PF/AVPlan
- October 31 – Week 6: North Atlantic & North America, moderated by Bris Gannett, Rockwell Collins Flight Information Solutions
- November 7 – Week 7: Europe, moderated by Nancy Schnetz-Pierce, Jeppesen
- November 14 – Week 8: Caribbean & South America, moderated by Ryan Frankhouser, ARINC Direct
This IOC webinar series is part of NBAA’s On-Demand Education Program, which regularly offers live webinar opportunities for Members on relevant topics presented by industry experts. For more information, visit the main NBAA On-Demand Education site.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.