- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA Announces Recipients of 2014 International Operators Scholarship
Individuals to be Recognized at the International Operators Conference
Contact: Dan Hubbard, (202) 783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, March 18, 2014 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the selection of three recipients of the 2014 International Operators Scholarship.
The scholarship winners are:
• Gregory Frister: Frister has a private pilot license with instrument rating, and wants to be a professional pilot in corporate aviation. He is a senior at Lewis University majoring in aviation administration with a minor in dispatch. Frister interned at the CNH Aviation Department. He will receive $5,000 total toward his education.
• Brad Kitchen: Kitchen is an EMB120 first officer, and his experience includes: United Airlines Houston, a B-737 ground instructor and a B757/767 training scheduler. He plans to pursue a master’s degree at Delta State University, and take some NBAA Professional Development Program (PDP) classes. Kitchen has also worked in Portugal leading volunteer organizations conducting service projects. He will receive $2,500.
• Kedric Elmore: Elmore is a senior at Kansas State University, Salina, working on a degree as a professional pilot. He has worked for Landmark Aviation in Scottsdale, AZ, and said he will use the award for his flight training and to take an NBAA PDP course. He will also receive $2,500.
The International Operators Committee Scholarship is valued at $10,000, and designated for use by the recipients for professional development toward careers in business aviation that are related to international operations. The scholarship is sponsored by:
• UAS International Trip Support
• Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
Scholarship recipients will be honored at NBAA’s International Operators Conference, which takes place in Tampa, FL from March 17 to 20. At the conference, representatives from the sponsors and the committee will be present to recognize this year's recipients.
For more information on the NBAA’s International Operators Conference, visit www.nbaa.org/ioc.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 10,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world's largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.