Contact: Dan Hubbard, 202-783-9360, email@example.com
Washington, DC, Dec. 21, 2018 – On Jan. 17, Los Angeles-area civic leaders will join business aviation leaders to mark a milestone in the development and adoption of Sustainable Alternative Jet Fuels (SAJF) through Business Jets Fuel Green: A Step Toward Sustainability. The group will host a visually compelling, informative, day-long series of events to highlight the SAJF Initiative and resources, and demonstrate the fuels’ viability – long a priority for the business aviation industry.
The event will mark the official launch of SAJF in use, with demonstration flights showing SAJF in-action, making Van Nuys Airport (VNY) the first general aviation airport in the U.S. to offer SAJF on a trial basis, and providing a model for offering the fuels at other airports. The SAJF Initiative, including the demonstration day, reflect the industry’s long-standing commitment to emissions reduction, including, among other aims, carbon neutrality from 2020 forward.
WHAT: Business Jets Fuel Green: A Step Toward Sustainability
Demonstration day highlighting an industry’s commitment to development, adoption of SAJF, including in-flight demonstrations.
WHEN: Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The event will include:
• 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: SAJF Basics Workshop, including a
panel discussion on the future of the fuels
• 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Luncheon with sources available for
• 1:45 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Live in-flight demonstrations with
aircraft flying on SAJF
• 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Media event commemorating the
• 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Reception
WHERE: Van Nuys Airport | Los Angeles, CA
WHO: Interview opportunities available with key leadership and other event participants, including:
• Deborah Flint, CEO of Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
• Nury Martinez, city of Los Angeles Councilwoman, 6th District
• Curt Castagna, President of the Van Nuys Airport Association (VNAA)
• Gary Dempsey, President of the National Air Transportation Association (NATA), and Tim Obitts, NATA Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel
• Ed Bolen, President and CEO of the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
• Athar Husain Khan, Secretary General of the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA)
• Pete Bunce, President and CEO of the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA)
• David Coleal, Chair of the GAMA Environment Committee, and President, Bombardier Business Aircraft
• Charles Etter, Staff Scientist, Gulfstream Aerospace
• Kurt Edwards, Director General of the International Business Aviation Council (IBAC)
• Steve Drzymalla, SVP Business Aviation Bulk Fuel, World Fuel Services
• Bryan Sherbacow, Chief Commercial Officer, World Energy
• C.R. Sincock, Managing Director of Business Development, Avfuel Corporation
• Keith Sawyer, Manager of Alternative Fuels, Avfuel Corporation
• Chris Wilcox, Special Projects Lead, Gevo
• Tim Cesarek, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Gevo
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.