Contact: Dan Hubbard, 202-783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
San Francisco, CA, Feb. 27, 2019 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the selection of four recipients of 2019 International Operators Scholarships. The International Operators Scholarship provides recipients with funding to pursue professional development within business aviation careers, with a focus on international operations.
The scholarship winners are:
• Jaydon Fleigelman: A high school senior who has been taking flight lessons since he was 15, Feigelman is working toward his instrument rating. He plans to use his funds to pursue his degree in commercial aviation at Liberty University, as well as additional flight training.
• Mike Horan, CAM: Horan, a corporate flight attendant, will use his funds to attend the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in Monterey, CA.
• Nyasha Manyika: A certified private pilot living in South Africa, Manyika plans to use her funds to attend the Executive Air Charters Cessna 206 flight licene conversion course in Mount Hampden, Zimbabwe.
• Kasey Stevenson: As chamber manager of the Del E. Webb High Altitude Chamber and a training administrator at Advanced Aircrew Academy, Stevenson plans to use the funds to complete the requirements for the Master of Science in Aviation Management and Human Factors degree at Arizona State University.
The 2019 International Operators Scholarship was made possible by funding providing by the following donor companies:
• Aviation Personnel International
• Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
• UAS International Trip Support
Scholarship recipients will be honored at NBAA’s 46th annual International Operators Conference (IOC2019), which takes place in San Francisco, CA from Feb. 25-28. At the conference, representatives from the sponsors and the IOC Committee will be present to recognize this year’s recipients. Learn more about IOC2019.
NBAA offers several scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information about NBAA scholarships or to download application forms, visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.