Updated Sept. 9, 2022
Created in 2008, the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers (S&D) Outstanding Achievement & Leadership Award recognizes individuals who have shared their outstanding business aviation industry expertise, provided extraordinary service, exhibited leadership and made significant contributions to the scheduling and dispatching function.
Call for Nominations
NBAA annually accepts nominations for the Schedulers & Dispatchers Outstanding Achievement & Leadership Award. After the submission deadline, the Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee reviews the nominations and recommends an appropriate nominee to the NBAA Board of Directors. If a nominee is confirmed, they will be notified and officially recognized at NBAA’s Annual Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference.
Who Is Eligible for the Award?
Nominees will have demonstrated a continuous history of extraordinary participation in or support of scheduling and dispatching functions. They will have exhibited leadership qualities and outstanding achievement contributions in specific categories, including visionary leadership, customer-driven excellence, social responsibility, extraordinary commitment and personal learning and development. In addition a nominee must meet the following requirements:
- Nominated by an individual within the business aviation community
- Employed in scheduling, dispatching or flight coordination for a minimum of 10 years
- Credited with at least one outstanding contribution that has lead to a higher level of professionalism for business aviation schedulers, dispatchers and flight coordinators
What Should a Nomination Package Include?
All nominations mailed to NBAA should include the following material:
- A letter from the nominator introducing the nominee and explaining why he or she is eligible, along with a completed nomination form from the nominator. Supporting documentation may include newspaper clippings, publications and articles related to the nominee.
- Two additional completed nomination forms from business aviation professionals supporting the nomination.
- The nominee’s professional resume describing the nominee’s education, employment, accomplishments and honors as they relate to the award criteria.
- The nominator must submit the complete nomination packet containing all the above to NBAA postmarked by the deadline.
- If a nomination packet is received by the deadline, but judged incomplete by NBAA, then the nominator may be granted an extension, not to exceed 30 days, in order to complete the package requirements. If the extension is still not met satisfactorily, then the nomination package will not be considered.
When Should Nominations Be Sent to NBAA?
Nominations must be emailed to Tyler Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 11, 2022.