The International Operators Committee aids member companies in the facilitation of their international flight operations. The committee presents a strong and knowledgeable voice in international aviation affairs through liaison with the International Business Aviation Council, Ltd. (IBAC) and other international aviation organizations. The committee has divided the globe into eight regions about which they regularly report at their annual International Operators Conference.
- Kurt Stehling, Travelers Indemnity Company (Chairman)
- John C. Tuten, Honeywell International (Vice Chairman)
- Douglas Carr, NBAA (Staff Liaison)
NBAA members may also review the full committee roster.
- Regional Lead Coordinator: Nat Iyengar, Jet Aviation Business Jets, Hong Kong
- North America (NAM) Lead: John Harpool
- Caribbean Lead: Guy D. Gribble, International Flight Resources, LLC
- South America Leads: Pablo Penalva, J.W. Childs Associates,USA; Cynthia Oliveira, Lider Aviacao, Brazil
- North Atlantic (NAT) Lead: Mitch Launius, 30 West IP, USA
- Europe Leads: Steve Thorpe, Merck & Co., Terry Yeomans, International Business Aviation Council, Ltd. (IBAC), UK
- Africa Lead: Francisca Susan Mashibe, Tanzanite Jet Centre Ltd
- Asia Leads: Patrick C. Dunn, Singapore; Julie Ambrose, The ASA Group, Asia
- Pacific Leads: Julie Ambrose, The ASA Group, Asia; Paul Scurio, Netflix, USA
- Middle East Lead: Henry Le Duke, UAS Aero, USA
Information & Resources
International Hot Topics – In 2016, the International Operators Committee contributed to a Business Aviation Insider magazine article, which featured the committee’s recommended list of International Hot Topics for business aircraft operators, including access restrictions, avionics mandates and changing customs procedures.
International Operators Conference – This four-day Conference hosts industry experts from around the world covering topics such as international flight planning, air navigation systems, volcanology, airports and air space, and security and medical issues affecting crew and passengers. Highlights include a one-day flight planning review along with networking opportunities for nearly 600 international operators. A golf tournament is planned each year on the Sunday prior to the Conference.
International Operators Scholarship – The NBAA International Operators Committee offers the International Operators Scholarship in conjunction with corporate sponsors to promote education and training as a means for individuals to increase the safety and professionalism of their positions.