The mission of the Regulatory Issues Advisory Group is to promote and foster an FAA and DOT regulatory environment that is beneficial to business aircraft owners and operators. The RIAG assists NBAA Standing Committees with FAA and DOT regulatory matters, advocates (proactively and reactively) to achieve a fair and reasonable regulatory structure, and educates NBAA Members about regulatory developments.
- Jonathan Epstein, Holland & Knight, LLP (Chairman)
- Scott D. McCreary, Esq., McAfee & Taft (Vice Chairman)
- Brian Koester, CAM, NBAA (National Business Aviation Association) (Staff Liaison)
NBAA Members may also review the full committee roster.
Summary of Recent Action
- Advised NBAA staff and its Members on FAA and DOT regulatory matters.
- Contributed to the NBAA Tax, Regulatory & Risk Management Conferences.
- Advocated for NTSB regulatory changes regarding emergency appeals, resulting in an NTSB Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.
- Obtained clarification from the FAA related to reimbursement for certain personal flights, and received a favorable legal interpretation from the FAA related to this.
- Assisted in the development of an NBAA Member resource explaining this new interpretation on personal flight reimbursements.
- Educated NBAA Members about the role of Air Charter Brokers and advocated for DOT regulatory action regarding this segment of the charter industry.
- Produced educational articles for Members on tax, regulatory and insurance topics.