Updated June 12, 2014
The 2014 annual Citation Special Olympics Airlift (CSOA) event will occur on June 14 and June 21, bracketing the 2014 Special Olympics USA Games during that week in Trenton, NJ. Citation and Hawker owners help in this effort by registering their aircraft, crews and fuel to transport athletes and coaches to the Games.
Nearly 3,500 athletes will compete in 16 Olympic-style team and individual sports, with the help of 1,000 coaches, 10,000 volunteers and 70,000 family, friends and supporters.
Registered airlift participants will receive:
- A letter with the CSOA decal and a medallion for their aircraft
- A package that includes all the information needed for airlift participation, including a special “Dove” call sign.
Significant arrival and departure volume is expected on both days at Trenton Mercer Airport (TTN) and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL), but delays are no expected. However, the FAA is asking operators heading to the event to adhere to the coordinated procedures.
The FAA has released a presentation, outlining:
- Preferred arrival routes for both June 14 and 21 at TTN and PHL
- An FAA hotline that will be made available to operators at TTN
- FAA-provided pilot-briefing tent at TTN to assist with departures
Download the FAA’s CSOA Presentation. (PowerPoint)