Friday May 5, 2017
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Topics to be Covered
- Self-perception; self-expectations, and self-expression
Leadership Communication Styles and Skills
- Qualities of good leaders: situational leadership (what a department requires and when),
- Transitioning into a leadership role: styles and values of each style,
- Disciplines of credibility; integrity, ethics, personal accountability and influence,
- Authenticity and transparency; when and how to use them effectively,
- Knowing, reading and displaying non-verbal communication,
- Decision making strategies and when to use them with the team,
- Difficult conversations and negotiating a positive outcome,
- Different generation and gender motivators found in teams,
- Giving and receiving effective feedback,
- Dealing with personal and team conflict, and
- Team challenges and building and motivating an effective team.
The class topics are designed around current situations and case studies that participants will confront and solve as individuals and teams.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.