May 23, 2018
San Diego, CA
NBAA’s Local and Regional Group Committee (LRGC) and the SoCal Aviation Association (SCAA) will host the Sixth Annual Local and Regional Group Leadership Roundtable on May 23 in San Diego, CA.
Join the committee in celebrating our third full year while we work hard to strengthen regional group interaction throughout our nation. This event offers regional group leadership the opportunity to interact with other thought leaders and committed association board members. Share best practices with peers and gain valuable tools, resources, and takeaways to bring back to your respective groups.
This year’s kick-off evening event on May 22nd, prior to the Roundtable, will be held cruising on the San Diego Bay. Drink tickets and appetizers will be provided, boarding at 5:45 p.m. and cruising from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Official Roundtable event will be held the next day at the Springhill Suites San Diego Bayfront on the May 23. With a theme centering around technology in today’s association world, leadership discussions will include:
- Building relationships with state aviation officials and local airport management, with presentations by officials from the National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO).
- Reaching your younger generation as presented with representatives from the NBAA’s YoPro (Young Professional) Council.
- Building membership and event management to raise money, build community relations and advocate for the industry at a grass roots level.
- Harnessing your volunteer power with NBAA’s Jo Damato
- And much more. Regional group leaders will be offering discussions on tax structures, legislative strategies, industry internships, scholarships and other topics.
While partnering with the SCAA, attendees are also invited to participate in their 12th Annual Golf Tournament and Benefit, May 21 in Carlsbad, CA. This tournament raises funds for scholarships and professional programs for the Southern California business aviation community. Although a separate regional event, all roundtable attendees are welcome to play golf and join SCAA at their dinner banquet immediately following the tournament. Register for this event today.
For more information, contact the NBAA Local and Regional Group Committee Chair Iver Retrum at email@example.com.