2021 NBAA-BACE Exhibitor Green Pledge
In an effort to make NBAA-BACE a more sustainable show, NBAA is inviting exhibitors to participate in the NBAA-BACE Green Pledge.
How can your organization participate?
It’s easy! Below is a checklist making up the Green Pledge. We simply ask you to select any five or more items and commit to them for 2021 NBAA-BACE.
Complete the NBAA-BACE Green Pledge form to submit your logo in vector format (.ai or .eps) and URL by Sept. 1, 2021, to secure your participation.
How will you be recognized?
Your logo will be featured during the Day 1 Keynote, on the NBAA-BACE sustainability webpage, on on-site digital signage, and a Green Pledge icon will be displayed next to your company name on the online exhibit hall floor plan.
NBAA-BACE Green Pledge Checklist
Please select a minimum of five from the list below
- Use either LED or compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
- All displays, monitors and booth lighting will be powered down each night after show/setup hours. If equipment cannot be shut down, it will be put into sleep mode during non-expo hours.
- Are you company employees staying in the same hotel? Rideshare to the convention together!
Booth Build & Graphics
- Use the electronic version of the NBAA-BACE Exhibitor Service Kit provided by show management to avoid unnecessary printing.
- Flooring is reusable and has either been used at previous events or will be used at future events.
- Display elements are reused from past events or will be reused at future events.
- Display elements contain a minimum 30% recycled content.
- Display elements include aluminum components, which are durable, lightweight and pack in less space.
- Use low volatile organic compound (VOC) and environmentally preferable carpet.
- Use low-VOC paints and coatings.
- Buy local: Use local suppliers for required building materials.
- Graphics are reusable and either used at previous events or will be used at future events.
- Graphics and signage are produced on 100% recyclable substrate.
- Graphics and signage contain a minimum of 30% recycled material.
- Graphics are printed on fabric material made of at least 30% recycled content.
Shipping & Packaging Practices
- Shipments are consolidated into a single shipment.
- Avoid polystyrene used in booth shipment (i.e. packing peanuts, Styrofoam, #6 or foam plastic).
- Choose biodegradable packing materials.
- Use recyclable packaging.
- Padding materials and exhibit crates are reused for shipping during move-out.
- Waste accumulated during move-in and move-out is properly disposed of in the appropriate waste containers.
- Recyclable waste containers present in the exhibit space.
- The exhibitor will not use individual waste containers in exhibit booths. The venue and show management will provide recycling stations throughout the exhibit area for attendee and exhibitor use during show hours. Each exhibitor is responsible for disposing of waste and recyclables at these stations.
- Use cleaning products that are environmentally preferable.
- Participate in the exhibit donation program by providing materials that are eligible for donation to local charities, such as pens, bags and notepads.
- Recycle badge lanyards at the conclusion of the show in the bin provided on-site.
- Reduce literature and the number of giveaways shipped by 10% compared to previous shows.
- Giveaways are made of recycled, responsibly grown natural fiber, non-toxic and biodegradable materials.
- Electronic giveaways – Create smart and trendy giveaways, like a USB storage drive with your content already loaded.
- Use 100% recyclable or 50% post-consumer recycled content paper for all printed materials.
- Post QR codes in the booth that lead to marketing materials rather than handing out physical copies. This can include business cards.
Food & Beverage
- Order seasonal and local produce to help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Food and beverage serveware within the booth is reusable china service or, if single-use, is compostable ware.
- Host a water cooler within the booth.
- Recycle plastic water bottles in booths.
Join these leading organizations who have already committed to the NBAA-BACE Green Pledge.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.