Agenda – 2021 PDP Course: Building and Leading Highly Effective Teams at Work
This course is highly interactive and will include real business aviation exercises, break-out sessions, discussions and activities to enhance learning, understanding and self-awareness.
The course will be held in Room W308 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021 – Day 1
Teamwork and Organizational Resource Management Part 1
- What is a team?
- Evolution of the business and general aviation industry
- Why teamwork today?
- Characteristics and qualities of highly effective teams
- Evolution of a team
- Your role as a leader
- Consequences of poor teamwork
- Whose responsibility is teamwork?
Internal Customers/Your Team
- Personality Assessment
- Who’s on your team?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Goals and objectives
- One pageness
- Changing customer expectations
- Expectation Management
- Empathy and compassion
Finding Talent – A strengths based philosophy
- Discover your strengths
- Building a team
- Team truths
Monday, Oct. 11, 2021 – Day 2
Teamwork and Organizational Resource Management Part 2
- What gets in the way of teamwork today?
- Organizational Culture
- Impact of change on teamwork and organizations
- Remote teams
- Emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Creating a mutualistic and inclusive environment
- Bringing value to the team
- Team member rights and responsibilities
- Servant leadership
- Rituals and symbolism
Effective Team Communication, Motivation and Engagement
- Team engagement
- Motivating and supporting your team
- Conflict management
- Disruptive team behaviors
- Barriers to communication
- Effective communication
- The why of things
- Project Management
- Celebrate success
Wrap-up and Close
For more information, contact NBAA’s Molly Hitch at email@example.com or 202-783-9353.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.