Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge – 2022 NBAA-BACE
NBAA seeks to make NBAA-BACE the most environmentally sustainable trade show in the world. This can only be achieved with the enthusiastic support of exhibitors.
In 2021, 20% of exhibitors participated in the 2021 NBAA-BACE Exhibitor Green Pledge. NBAA’s goal is to double that in 2022 and eventually have 100% participation in the Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge in the future.
By submitting an Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge, exhibitors pledge to follow sustainable exhibiting practices when producing their booth, as well as operating more sustainable while onsite. Small changes when done collectively have a big impact!
All Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge participants will receive the following recognition:
- An Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge icon will be displayed next to their company name on the online exhibit hall floor plan.
- Company logos for Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge participants will be featured during the Day 1 Keynote and on the NBAA-BACE sustainability webpage. Logos must be received by Oct. 7, 2022.
In addition, several Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge participants will be selected for additional recognition, including:
- NBAA-BACE Newsroom coverage of sustainability efforts
- Announcements on NBAA’s social media accounts
- Highlighting in the annual NBAA-BACE Sustainability Report
During the signup process for the 2022 NBAA-BACE Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge, exhibitors are asked to share the story of the company’s approach to exhibiting in a sustainable fashion at 2022 NBAA-BACE. NBAA will identify exhibitors for additional recognition, based on their compelling stories and commitment to sustainability.
Sustainability Pledge Checklist
Review the following list for ways exhibitors can be more sustainable while exhibiting at 2022 NBAA-BACE. Exhibitors must pledge to a minimum of five action items to receive Exhibitor Sustainability Pledge recognition.
- Use either LED or compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
- All displays, monitors and booth lighting will be powered down each night after show/setup hours. If equipment cannot be shut down, it will be put into sleep mode during non-expo hours.
- Are your company employees staying in the same hotel? Rideshare to the convention together! Or take the complimentary hotel shuttle buses!
Booth Build & Graphics
- Use the electronic version of the NBAA-BACE Exhibitor Service Kit provided by show management to avoid unnecessary printing.
- Flooring is reusable and has either been used at previous events or will be used at future events.
- splay elements are reused from past events or will be reused at future events.
- Display elements contain a minimum 30% recycled content.
- Display elements include aluminum components, which are durable, lightweight and pack in less space.
- Use low volatile organic compound (VOC) and environmentally preferable carpet.
- Use low-VOC paints and coatings.
- Buy local: Use local suppliers for required building materials.
- Graphics are reusable and either used at previous events or will be used at future events.
- Graphics and signage are produced on 100% recyclable substrate.
- Graphics and signage contain a minimum of 30% recycled material.
- Graphics are printed on fabric material made of at least 30% recycled content.
Shipping & Packaging Practices
- Shipments are consolidated into a single shipment.
- Avoid polystyrene used in booth shipment (i.e. packing peanuts, Styrofoam, #6 or foam plastic).
- Choose biodegradable packing materials.
- Use recyclable packaging.
- Padding materials and exhibit crates are reused for shipping during move-out.
- Waste accumulated during move-in and move-out is properly disposed of in the appropriate waste containers.
- Recyclable waste containers present in the exhibit space.
- Use cleaning products that are environmentally preferable.
- Participate in the exhibit donation program by providing materials that are eligible for donation to local charities, such as pens, bags and notepads.
- Recycle badge lanyards at the conclusion of the show in the bins provided on-site.
- Reduce literature and the number of giveaways shipped by 10% compared to previous shows.
- Giveaways are made of recycled, responsibly grown natural fiber, non-toxic and biodegradable materials.
- Electronic giveaways – Create smart and trendy giveaways, like a USB storage drive with your content already loaded.
- Use 100% recyclable or 50% post-consumer recycled content paper for all printed materials.
- Post QR codes in the booth that lead to marketing materials rather than handing out physical copies. This can include business cards.
Food & Beverage
- Include seasonal and local produce in your catering orders to help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Food and beverage serveware within the booth is reusable china service or, if single-use, is compostable.
Host a water cooler within the booth.
- Recycle plastic water bottles in booths.
Join These Companies Who’ve Taken the Sustainability Pledge:
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.