Agenda – 2023 NBAA PDP Course: Elevating Your Leadership, Versatility and Influence
This course provokes leaders to an insightful examination of culture, practices, cognition and biases in your environment. Come prepared to unravel challenges and align your actions with your intentions.
- Methods to improve your knowledge for your own personal and professional development
- Proven communication techniques to bolster performance while promoting creative and innovative ideas
- Making sense of group dynamics and conflict, and capitalizing on those interactions.
Course participants will also construct a personal and professional life-long learning plan by utilizing a simple yet thought-provoking tool, the Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0 (EQ-i 2.0).
EQ-i 2.0 is an assessment tool that pinpoints specific leadership capabilities, including decision making, flexibility and stress tolerance. This report will serve as a basis for your personal and professional growth plan. A short one-on-one debrief will also be available to those who would like it.
Discussion Topics from Day 1 include:
- The Evolution of Leadership
- How Emotional Intelligence Influences Leadership
- Toxic Leadership vs. Resilient Leadership
- The Listening & Communication Connections
- Motivating, Mentoring & Developing Your Team
- Empowering Teams, Resolving Conflict and Disagreeing Tactfully
- Ethical and Moral Leadership Behaviors
Discussion Topics from Day 2 include:
- Critical Thinking and Universal Intellectual Standards
- A review of the Emotional Intelligence EQi2 assessment
- Leadership Orientation & Behavioral Pillars
- Knowledge, Expertise and Lifelong Learning
- Creating a Personal and Professional Growth Plan using your EQi2 results
- Recognizing individual employee needs
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.