July 20, 2020
Do you understand the in’s and out’s of flight sharing, dry leasing and other aviation transportation models? Are you sure your organization provides or uses legal air transportation? How important are these details anyway? To answer those questions, the FAA will host a Safe Air Charter live event on Tuesday, July 21 at 2 p.m. EDT.
FAA Flight Standards Service Executive Director Rick Domingo will open the discussion, and NBAA’s Director of Flight Operations and Regulations Brian Koester and FAA Flight Standards Special Emphasis Investigation Team (SEIT) Don Riley, among others, will be key participants.
“The FAA is continuing its focus on safe and compliant air transportation operations,” said Koester. “This session is the latest in the agency’s efforts to educate pilots, passengers, aircraft owners, charter operators and others involved in the aviation industry about the importance of utilizing properly certificated charter companies and verifying that other structures – including dry leases and time shares – are legally structured and implemented.”
Other presenters include:
- Mark Kramer, division manager for the FAA Office of General Aviation Safety Assurance
- Don Riley Operations inspector, Flight Standards Special Emphasis Investigations Team
- Greg Lander, senior attorney, FAA General Counsel
- Ryan Waguespack, senior vice president, National Air Transportation Association
- David T. Norton, partner, Shackelford, Bowen, McKinley & Norton, LLP
- David M. Hernandez, shareholder, Vedder Price P.C.
Attendees of tomorrow’s session are encouraged to provide feedback and submit questions during the live event. The event will be live streamed on the FAA’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube digital channels. Registration is not required.