Geneva, Switzerland, May 22, 2014 – As the 14th annual European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2014) concluded its third and final day today, organizers reported that this year, EBACE further enhanced its reputation as Europe’s largest and most important business aviation trade show.
EBACE is jointly hosted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA). The event is held each year at Geneva’s Palexpo conference center and at Geneva International Airport. The 2014 show took place from May 20 to 22.
“This year’s EBACE will be remembered as one of our strongest shows to date,” said EBAA CEO Fabio Gamba. “We are delighted with the level of business done, and with the excitement that characterized the event, not to mention all of the positive feedback we have received from exhibitors and attendees alike. Given the beautiful weather, the new single, contiguous exhibit floor layout and the enthusiasm among show participants, we have had a great EBACE2014.”
NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen agreed, adding: “We are very pleased that all indicators were up this year, and that EBACE continues to demonstrate its value as a premier venue for companies in the industry to give aviation decision-makers a first-hand look at their products and services.”
To illustrate Bolen’s point, EBACE organizers noted the following:
- The number of EBACE2014 exhibitors in Palexpo Halls 4, 5 and 6 increased by 8 percent over last year’s exhibitor count.
- The number of booth spaces sold for EBACE2014 grew by more than 4 percent over the number for EBACE2013, giving this year’s EBACE its largest footprint ever.
- This year’s aircraft display was once again completely sold out.
- The show proved again to be an effective news-making venue for providers of business aviation products and services. On the “Media Day,” before EBACE2014 opened, a host of press conferences were held, and several aircraft manufacturers unveiled new aircraft models during the show.
- At the time EBACE2014 closed, attendance at the show was up by more than 7 percent over that for EBACE2013.
“We thank the exhibitors and attendees whose strong support for EBACE2014 made it such a success,” Gamba concluded. “We look forward to welcoming everyone back to Geneva in 2015.”
Next year’s EBACE, which will mark the 15th edition of the event, will return to Palexpo and Geneva International Airport from May 19 to 21, 2015.
# # #
About EBAA: The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) was founded in 1977 to defend the interests of business aviation. Today, more than 800 business aviation companies (direct members or members of associate organizations) rely on the EBAA to protect their business interests. It is the only voice to represent business aviation among the European institutions. For more information, visit www.ebaa.org.
About NBAA: Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 10,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.