Contact: Dan Hubbard, 202-783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, Dec. 17, 2020 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the selection of four recipients of 2020 International Operators Scholarships. The International Operators Scholarship provides recipients with funding to pursue professional development within business aviation careers, with a focus on international operations.
The scholarship winners are:
- Chelsea Montgomery: Montgomery attended ATP Flight School in Mesa, AZ, using the award toward her tuition. She is involved with several local and regional groups within business aviation. Montgomery has completed her license and is now a certified flight instructor at the KIWA Mesa, AZ location for ATP.
- Jean Denis Marcellin: Marcellin is a captain on a Global Express for Chartright Air. He is using his award to pursue the Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) program. He began working in business aviation in 2012, and has enjoyed investing in his career within the industry.
- Adam Toombs: Toombs is currently a contract pilot and has most recently flown a Challenger. He is using his award toward professional development courses and will graduate from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in 2021. Toombs started his career in the airline industry, but felt he would enjoy the business aviation community as his long-term career choice.
- Elayna Hall: Hall is a student at the University of North Dakota where she is pursuing her degree. She has been involved in business aviation for many years and looks forward to continuing to be a part of the industry. Hall is using her award for tuition.
The 2020 International Operators Scholarship was made possible by funding providing by the following donor companies:
- Universal Weather and Aviation
Travel considerations for scholarship winners provided by:
- Aviation Personnel International
NBAA offers several scholarships to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information about NBAA scholarships or to download application forms, visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 company and professional members and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.