Contact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SAN ANTONIO, TX, January 26, 2006 â€” The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and its Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee today announced the seven recipients of the 2006 Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship at NBAA’s 17th Annual Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference in San Antonio, TX.
The Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship, which first was offered in 2004, is given in conjunction with corporate sponsors Airline Ground Schools, CornerStone Strategies LLC, Flight Safety International, MedAire, Inc. and Corporate Aviators, Inc., and offers opportunities for award recipients to have access to hands-on teaching initiatives. The 2006 Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship is made possible by its corporate sponsors, the NBAA GA Desk and the NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee.
The following are the recipients of the 2006 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship:
- Mariko Doskow, San Francisco, CA â€” Initial training course for in-flight medical issues from MedAire, Inc.
- Janis Newell, Charlotte, NC â€” On-site training offered by the NBAA GA Desk staff at the FAA Air Traffic Control System Command Center.
- Yasmina Soria, Houston, TX â€” An NBAA Professional Development Program (PDP) Course or one NBAA Schedulers Professional Development Program (SPDP) Course taught by Cornerstone Strategies, LLC.
- Donda Phillips, Lascassas, TN â€” Dispatcher license training by Airline Ground Schools.
- Carmen Hall, Gilroy, CA â€” International corporate scheduler/dispatcher course by Flight Safety International.
- Rodney Warner, Englewood, OH â€” Dispatch license training by FlightSafety International.
- Daniel Ramseyer, Daytona Beach, FL – FlightSafety recurrent dispatch course from Corporate Aviators, Inc.
The training award recipients were announced during the Opening General Session of NBAA’s 17th Annual Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference, held this week in San Antonio, TX. Applications for the 2007 NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Training Scholarship will be available in the summer of 2006.
In addition to its training scholarship, NBAA’s Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee offers separate but related monetary scholarships through the Schedulers & Dispatchers Scholarship Program. The Committee provides these scholarships in the form of cash grants which can be used for a variety of professional development initiatives. Since 1997, more than $200,000 has been awarded to schedulers and dispatchers through this program. In 2005, the program was expanded to provide scholarships specifically to Canadian schedulers and dispatchers.
For more information about scholarships offered by the Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee, contact NBAA Director, Operations Jay Evans at (202) 783-9353 or email@example.com. For information about NBAA’s Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee, contact NBAA GA Desk Manager Jo Damato at (703) 356-3879 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the scholarships offered by the Schedulers & Dispatchers Committee, NBAA offers a number of other scholarships and programs to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For more information contact NBAA at (202) 783-9286, or to download application forms, visit www.nbaa.org/scholarships.
# # #
Founded in 1947, NBAA serves more than 7,000 Member Companies by promoting the aviation interests of organizations utilizing business aircraft in the United States and worldwide. The association provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.