Contact: Dan Hubbard, 202-783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, July 7, 2020 – Helping the business aviation industry get back to work is the focus of a new effort launched today by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA). BizAv Back to Work is the association’s expanded, targeted effort to help members and the overall business aviation industry reopen and get back in the air after the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Business aviation is a forward-looking industry, characterized by an innovative spirit and boundless opportunities,” said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. “Although COVID-19 has produced daunting challenges for our community, it is clear the people and companies in it are resilient, and ready to get back to work. This new initiative will put the resources in people’s hands to help employers find dedicated professionals, and help qualified individuals start or resume a business aviation career as quickly as possible.”
In recent surveys of NBAA’s membership, a significant number of participants have listed job security as among their highest concerns. BizAv Back to Work will focus on speaking to this concern by expanding on the association’s existing employment services and adding new opportunities and resources, including:
- Now through Aug. 31, NBAA member companies will receive free 30 or 60-day postings on Business Aviation Jobs, the NBAA jobs board.
- A regularly updated listing of the positions will also appear in the NBAA Insider Daily news service, and in biweekly “Job Flash” reports.
- Job seekers can submit their resumé to Business Aviation Jobs for review for adherence with best practices, and add their resumé to the searchable resumé bank on the jobs board, at no cost.
- New content will be developed with tips and tools for those seeking employment, or wanting to be their best selves in their current position, appearing in NBAA News Hour, NBAA Flight Plan, Business Aviation Insider and other NBAA channels.
- NBAA is planning a Virtual Career Fair on Aug. 12, with details to be released as they become available.
“We look forward to working with employers and qualified professionals in business aviation on ways this initiative can bring people together, and help jump-start an essential industry,” said Patrick Haller, NBAA senior director, membership and member services.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 company and professional members and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.