Contact: Dan Hubbard at (202) 783-9360 or email@example.com
WASHINGTON, DC, August 29, 2007 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the recipients of the Association’s 2007 Flying Safety Awards Program. These winners will be formally recognized during NBAA’s 60th Annual Meeting & Convention in Atlanta, GA.
“NBAA is pleased to recognize these businesses for their continuing commitment to the safety of flight, which is at the very foundation of our industry,” said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. “These Members set the standard for operational safety.”
Established in 1953, the NBAA Flying Safety Awards have brought worldwide recognition to the excellent safety record of business aviation. The awards also are testimony to the high degree of professionalism inherent in business aircraft operations, and to the skill, ability and dedication of management, maintenance, support-service and pilot teams. The awards provide NBAA Members with well-earned recognition for exceptional achievement in maintaining safe flying operations.
This year, Federal-Mogul Corp., General Dynamics, H.E.B. Grocery Company, LP, Hill Aircraft & Leasing Corp., Spectra Energy Corporation, Tecumseh Products Co. and Vulcan Materials Co. will receive the 50 Year Safe Flying Achievement Award, which recognizes NBAA Members that have flown 50 years or more without an accident. These 50-year winners will be recognized individually during an NBAA Convention presentation. Including this year’s recipients, 57 NBAA Members have received this award since its inception in 1998.
Other 2007 Flying Safety Awards recognize the categories of Corporate Business, Commercial Business, Pilot, Aviation Maintenance Department, Maintenance/Avionics Technician and Aviation Support Services. The cumulative records for the year ending December 31, 2006, are:
- Corporate Business Flying Safety Award – Member Companies whose aircraft have flown in excess of three or more consecutive accident-free years. This year, 235 businesses are recognized for 9,817,195 cumulative safe flight hours.
- Commercial Business Flying Safety Award – Member Companies whose aircraft have flown in excess of three or more consecutive accident-free years in a nonscheduled, revenue-producing capacity. Receiving this award are 17 companies that have compiled 617,599 hours of safe flight.
- Pilot Safety Award – Member Company pilots who have flown aircraft in excess of 1,500 accident-free hours. There are 584 recipients this year, whose totals add up to 4,366,578 hours of safe flight.
- Aviation Maintenance Department Safety Award – Member Companies that perform their own maintenance. Receiving this award are 73 companies.
- Maintenance/Avionics Technician Safety Award – Member Company technicians who have been employed three or more accident-free years in support of flight operations. There are 326 recipients this year.
- Aviation Support Services Safety Award – Member Company support services personnel who have been employed three or more accident-free years in support of flight operations. There are 253 recipients this year.
The Corporate Business, Commercial Business, Pilot, Aviation Maintenance Department, Maintenance/Avionics Technician and Aviation Support Services award winners will be recognized as a group during the Convention, and individual names will be published in a 2007 Flying Safety Awards booklet to be distributed at the Convention and mailed to NBAA Members. Editors: To request copies of this booklet, contact NBAA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the NBAA 60th Annual Meeting & Convention, to be held September 25 through 27 in Atlanta, GA, visit www.nbaa.org/2007.
For more information about NBAA’s award programs, visit www.nbaa.org/awards.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association, Inc. (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The Association represents more than 8,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, submit the online form at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.