Nov. 30, 2020
Taking place Dec. 2-3, NBAA’s inaugural Virtual Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (VBACE) promises a robust lineup of diverse, well-known and energized exhibitors, a slate of sessions custom-tailored to help show attendees plan for success in this COVID moment and beyond, headliner keynote speakers and more, all on a state-of-the-art platform.
In short, this first-of-its kind event will mark a threshold opportunity for the industry to move not just online, but ahead – the key is to ensure that show-goers are aware of all VBACE will offer.
NBAA Senior Vice President for Exhibitions and Membership Chris Strong noted, “VBACE is going to help us connect in new, exciting ways. That ability to connect is how we build and sustain relationships. It’s how we better ourselves as professionals. It’s how we get business done. It’s how we plan for the future, as individuals, and as an industry. We have many ways for people to connect, and we want to highlight those.”
Strong cited several examples to illustrate his point, including:
- The show’s two keynote addresses, kicking off with award-winning singer, songwriter and pilot Dierks Bentley, whose brand is synonymous with connecting people. His Dec.2 keynote will include a conversation with NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen, followed by what Bentley calls his “first concert since March.” The Dec. 3 keynote session features acclaimed writer Erin Meyer, who with Netflix Founder and CEO Reed Hastings co-authored The New York Times bestseller No Rules Rules, a candid overview of the entertainment provider’s unique organizational philosophy.
- The VBACE New Products Exhibit Hall offers a one-stop look at dozens of gathering of new products and services, being offered by companies ranging from new industry entrants, to the industry established OEMs. The New Product Hall complements 21 primary VBACE Exhibitor Halls featuring 170 unique, three-dimensional booths, ranging from small spaces to enormous custom installations, for attendees to virtually explore in a completely immersive environment.
- The session content includes a focus on educating new entrants to the industry seeking information about the use of business aircraft, as well as information on tax benefits of aircraft ownership and operation; explanations of membership, jet card and fractional ownership options; tips for chartering business aircraft and much more. At the same time, the session roster includes timely information on safe operations, reflecting corporate sustainability goals, emerging security concerns, ever-evolving tax policies and best practices regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Throughout VBACE, attendees will find a slate of chat lounges, coffee socials and other virtual gatherings spanning the diverse range of business aviation roles and positions, for attendees to gather virtually to socialize with their peers.
- A dedicated NBAA Professional Members Happy Hour further fosters camaraderie, with the opportunity to mingle with other Professional members, while enjoying performances by comedian and pilot Dave Coulier; Grammy-winning performer and “Eye of the Tiger” songwriter Jim Peterik and Jefferson Starship lead singer Cathy Richardson.
“VBACE will represent a milestone in leveraging technology to propel business forward,” Strong added. “We look forward to welcoming everyone when we kick off on December 2.”