Agenda – 2022 PDP Course: SMS for Business Aviation
Learn about the four pillars of SMS: safety policy and objectives; safety risk management; safety assurance; and safety promotion.
Course Syllabus by Topic
Upon completion of this one-day course, students will be able to:
- Identify regulatory requirements related to SMS
- Formulate safety policy and objectives (e.g., management commitment, safety accountability, appointment of key safety personnel, SMS documentation)
- Practice safety risk management (e.g., hazard identification, safety risk assessment and mitigation)
- Evaluate safety assurance (e.g., safety performance, monitor, measurement, change management, review and revision of the SMS)
- Practice safety promotion (e.g., safety culture survey, communication, training, education)
- Conduct a gap analysis
- Evaluate developmental options
- Begin developing an SMS for their organization
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.