More than ever, people want timely access to experts and authorities to help them make decisions about their business aviation operations and other plans. This is especially the case as the business aviation community grapples with the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and that’s the idea behind the NBAA News Hour webinar series – an interactive platform that allows participants to get answers to their pressing operational, legal, medical and other questions from people in the know.
Produced every Tuesday and Friday at 11 a.m. Eastern Time, these webinars touch on considerations including crew scheduling, catering, aircraft cleaning and maintenance, airport and airspace operations, medical advice and more. Each webinar features a host and panelists, all available for an interactive question-and-answer session with participants. All webinars are free and recorded for replay, usually by the next business day.
- Fleet Readiness: Maintenance Considerations Amidst COVID-19
- Webinar Date: April 9, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- COVID-19 has idled a number of flight crews and aircraft, prompting questions about maintenance best practices, so that aircraft are ready to return to service as needed. For example, is it best to place an aircraft in “preservation mode”, or take steps to preserve its airworthiness? What preparations should be made for returning to full operation? This webinar will feature experts to answer these and other questions from participants. A helpful resource for maintenance considerations will also be provided.
NBAA News Hour Archives
- COVID-19 and Catering Best Practices
- Webinar Date: April 7, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- If you must conduct a mission in the current COVID-19 environment, you want to ensure that food-service standards are maintained on the aircraft and on the ground. What are operators doing to ensure such standards are preserved? This webinar will feature experts in the field, to cover catering considerations in this moment, and answer participants’ questions.
- Does the CARES Act Apply to Your Company?
- Webinar Date: April 3, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- On March 25, 2020, Congress passed and the President signed sweeping legislation to provide COVID-19 relief to a host of industries, including companies in the aviation sector. This webinar will feature knowledgeable sources who will unpack the recently passed CARES Act, which provides relief for the business aviation community. What are the bill’s major provisions? Does the legislation apply to your aviation business? If so, what are the considerations related to tax conformity and other types of compliance? Plan to attend and ask Senior Director, Government Affairs Scott O’Brien your most pressing questions on this topic. Read a review of the April 3 webinar.
- Maintaining Flight Department Readiness Amidst the COVID-19 Spread
- Webinar Date: March 31, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- The unprecedented COVID-19 environment has raised a host of challenges for business aviation, including how can flight department managers ensure that their flight operations are ready for a mission on a moment’s notice? How can managers ensure that crews are safe, fit for duty and ready to fly on a continuing basis? And how can they effectively create a decision tree, or a crew-scheduling plan, in the current situation? This webinar’s panelists are Brad Self, VFC Corp chief pilot, and James Stone, Aflac Worldwide Headquarters director, aviation services. Read a review of the March 31 webinar.
- Best Practices for Cleaning and Disinfecting Business Aircraft in a COVID-19 Environment
Webinar Date: March 27, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- NBAA recently produced an Aircraft Disinfection and Cleaning Procedures Guide with best practices for sanitizing business aircraft, a topic particularly in focus given the spread of COVID-19. This webinar’s panelists are Tyler Harper, director of aircraft services for AEM Logistics and the primary author of the guide, who will discuss disinfection and cleaning best practices, and Audrey Lambdin, director of client relations for Jet Logistics, who will discuss her company’s experience with COVID-19-related sanitation. Additionally, Brian Koester, NBAA director of flight operations and regulations, will discuss broad recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Read a review of the March 27 webinar.
- When COVID-19 Causes ‘ATC-Zero’ Disruptions – Planning Considerations
Webinar Date: March 24, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- In light of recent temporary, COVID-driven ATC zero moments, there is some chance that more of them will occur. What are the lessons already learned from those experiences? What do the experts recommend in the way of alternate planning? What resources does NBAA offer to provide real-time information on ATC developments? This webinar’s panelists are Steve Brown, NBAA COO and former FAA associate administrator for air traffic services; Heidi Williams, NBAA director of air traffic services and infrastructure; and David Villegas, NBAA Air Traffic Services specialist and a former air traffic controller. Read a review of the March 24 webinar.
- Updated COVID-19 Guidance From Medical, International Ops Experts
Webinar Date: March 20, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- On March 12, the FAA released a safety alert for operators (SAFO) outlining guidance for the aviation community – informed in part by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization – for limiting exposure and reducing the risk of transmission of COVID-19 onboard aircraft. Although the SAFO has been primarily developed for air carriers, the guidance has implications for passengers and crews in business aviation. This webinar’s panelists are NBAA Vice President for International and Regulatory Operations Doug Carr; MedAire’s Dr. Paulo Alvez; and OpsGroup Team Members’ David Mumford. Read a review of the March 20 webinar.