More than ever, people want timely access to experts and authorities to help them make decisions about their business aviation operations and other plans. This is especially the case as the business aviation community grapples with the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and that’s the idea behind the NBAA News Hour webinar series – an interactive platform that allows participants to get answers to their pressing operational, legal, medical and other questions from people in the know.
Produced at least twice a week, these webinars touch on considerations including crew scheduling, catering, aircraft cleaning and maintenance, airport and airspace operations, medical advice and more. Each webinar features a host and panelists, all available for an interactive question-and-answer session with participants. All webinars are free and recorded for replay, usually by the next business day.
- Advancing Your Professional Development During COVID-19
- Date/Time: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- Staying at home during the pandemic and preparing for our post-COVID world means that this is the perfect time to increase your value and keep your skills sharp! This episode will discuss different options and paths for online certifications, education, and training so that your professional growth doesn’t stop.
- Flight Operations Best Practices As We Emerge From COVID-19
- Date/Time: Friday, June 5, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- As states around the nation begin to slowly emerge from stay-at-home orders, different forms of flight operations are making decisions about what the “next normal” will look like. This episode will discuss the challenges, ideas and best practices for dealing with FBOs, charter operations, and flight school during and after COVID-19.
NBAA News Hour Archives
- What You Need To Know About Metroplex and Other Airspace Changes
- Date/Time: Friday, May 29, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- Join FAA’s subject matter experts along with NBAA to discuss recent and future changes in the national airspace system. Over the past few years we’ve seen several changes implemented while a number of other route changes, airway amendments and new arrival and departure flows will be updated and worked along the Atlantic coast and down into Florida airports. All of this work is related to the Florida Metroplex initiative and you will want to hear what is new as well as what is up and coming so you and your flight crew are prepared.
- Video Engagement During & After COVID-19
- Date/Time: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- Whether we were prepared for it or not, COVID-19 and stay-at-home orders have forced our industry into an all-digital world. More than ever, the need for people to connect on a personal level has put video at the forefront of both internal and external communications. This episode will explain why the use of video is crucial for engagement and success, the best tactics for development and implementation, and why mastering video communication will still be necessary post-COVID-19.
- How to Avoid Illegal Charters as We Emerge From COVID-19
- Date/Time: Friday, May 22, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- As the nation fights to recover from the global pandemic, members of the traveling public may turn to business aviation for the first time. While this could reduce their exposure to COVID-19, it also introduces new risks. Join our panel of regulatory experts to find out how to determine what constitutes a legal charter, what makes a charter flight illegal, and how to tell the difference. Operators will learn legal options for cost-sharing and common pitfalls.
- How to Recover Professionally from a Crisis
- Date/Time: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- The COVID-19 pandemic has and continues to impact professionals across every industry. For the majority of young professionals, this is their first encounter with a worldwide crisis in their career and they are left facing these unprecedented times with little to no point of reference. During this News Hour episode, we’ve gathered industry veterans who have weathered the storm of various crises and sustained their careers while keeping their morale high. We will uncover lessons learned and provide strategies to navigate these uncertain times.
- The Unprecedented Insurance Market & the Impact of COVID-19
- Date/Time: Monday, May 18, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- COVID-19 has forced most of the aviation industry to come to a halt. The insurance market has been in a state nearly as unprecedented as the health of our nation. Premiums are increasing anywhere from 30% to as much as 300% due to accidents, natural disasters, and a shrinking pool of underwriters. We’re bringing together a panel of underwriters, brokers, and insurance experts to answer your questions on both manned and unmanned aviation insurance.
- COVID 19 & Federal Excise Tax Suspension: Does it Apply to Your Business?
- Date/Time: Friday, May 15, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) suspended federal excise taxes (FET) for commercial aviation operations until Dec. 31, 2020. While the suspension offers significant benefits to commercial operators, including Part 135 air carriers, it has also generated many questions. NBAA has been working directly with the IRS to understand how the suspension applies to business aviation and our panel of experts will answer your questions. If you have questions on how to apply the suspension to charter invoices, payments for trips before the passage of the CARES Act, need details on fuel tax credits and refunds, or have other concerns, join us this Friday for our NBAA News Hour webinar.
- Sanitizing Your Business Aircraft During COVID-19, Part 2
- Date/Time: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- NBAA revisits aircraft sanitization to continue the high-demand discussion and to review technologies not previously mentioned during the fluid and evolving COVID-19 environment.
- Remote ID: Paving the Way Forward for UAS Integration
- Date/Time: Monday, May 11, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- Join NBAA and our emerging technology member companies to discuss the FAA’s Remote ID proposed rulemaking and the recent announcement to collaborate with 8 companies to develop technology requirements for future Remote ID UAS Service Suppliers. Remote ID will enable drones to provide identification and location information while operating in the national airspace. Hear from industry experts on what the path forward looks like and how the industry-government collaboration will enable integration.
- SFAR 118: Dissecting FAA’s COVID-19 GA Relief Package
- Date/Time: Friday, May 8, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- The FAA just released a large package of specific relief measures for a variety of GA and BA operational needs in Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) 118, which provides regulatory relief to persons who have been unable to comply with certain training, recent experience, testing, and checking requirements due to the COVID-19 outbreak. NBAA regulatory leaders will join FAA experts to examine the regulations that make relief available and the steps involved in their implementation.
- Aviation Security During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Date/Time: Wednesday, May 6, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- With a reduced presence of personnel at flight departments and airports during the COVID-19 crisis, maintaining consistent security can be a challenge. This panel of security experts will address:
- Facility and aircraft security
- Insider threat concerns
- Passenger and baggage screenings
- Engagement at the Regional Level Despite COVID-19
- Date/Time: Friday, May 1, 2020, 11 a.m. EDT
- The new “normal” looks different for everyone. Whether you’re adjusting to working from a home office, are pushing through a company halt, or are still flying the skies with new precautions, physical isolation does not mean an end to professional engagement. Local and regional groups and NBAA Regional Representatives are your go-to resource to remain engaged and active wherever you might be based. This episode will discuss the following and more:
- How to participate in and remain up-to-date in local legislative issues
- Why and how to virtually network within your region during COVID-19
- Opportunities for students to engage with industry professionals
- Concepts for virtual regional events
- Innovation During COVID-19: Halted or Full Steam Ahead?
- Recorded Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- A hallmark of the business aviation industry is technological advancement, which comes from extensive research and development investment. How will COVID-19 impact investments in the aerospace industry? This NBAA News Hour webinar examines topics such as: How has our industry managed innovation during previous economic downturns? Have investors pulled back or are they doubling down? Will stay-at-home orders delay product launches, and if so, to what extent? Read a review of the April 29 webinar.
- The Value of Virtual Audits During and After COVID-19
- Recorded Monday, April 27, 2020
- With social distancing and travel restrictions becoming our current normal, the need for audits continues. Several groups have stepped into the realm of remote and virtual auditing as a way of maintaining the structured focus in safety. This webinar answers questions such as: What are the current options and processes for virtual audits? How will virtual auditing evolve post-COVID? Is the FAA embracing virtual solutions? Read a review of the April 27 webinar.
Recorded March 27, 2020
Recorded March 24, 2020
Recorded March 20, 2020