Contact: Cassandra Bosco
Washington, DC, January 9, 2004 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is pleased to announce five new Professional Development Program (PDP) Course Providers: CornerStone Strategies, LLC; The Darden School Foundation; NBAA; University of Dubuque; and Western Michigan University.
NBAA, in cooperation with the University Aviation Association (UAA), developed the Professional Development Program (PDP) to train future flight department leaders. PDP Courses are available to flight department personnel through a variety of convenient and flexible delivery methods. Established training organizations and educational institutions provide management training courses in several different media, including Internet courses, video courses and seminars. PDP participation has several benefits for students, including preparing students to take the NBAA Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) Examination and to become a CAM.
At its most recent meeting, the PDP Review Committee approved the following eight new Courses:
- CornerStone Strategies, LLC – “Effective Written Communications,” “Speaking Made Easy” and “Communicating with Personalities”
- The Darden School Foundation – “Managing the Corporate Aviation Function”
- NBAA in coordination with John J. Sheehan as a presenter – “NBAA Management Fundamentals for Flight Departments Workshop” and “NBAA IS-BAO Flight Operations Manual Workshop”
- University of Dubuque – “Handling of Hazardous Materials”
- Western Michigan University – “Communication & Decision Making”
With the addition of five new Providers, the Professional Development Program now offers a total of 16 PDP Providers and 59 different Courses.
Scheduled PDP Courses on the 2004 NBAA Events Calendar include:
- NBAA IS-BAO Flight Operations Manual Workshop, presented by John J. Sheehan, February 2 and 3, Scottsdale, AZ
- NBAA Management Fundamentals for Flight Departments Workshop, presented by John J. Sheehan, February 4 and 5, Scottsdale, AZ
- “Corporate Aviation Finance and Budgeting,” presented by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, February 26 and 27 in conjunction with the NBAA Leadership Conference, Anaheim, CA
- “Financial Impact of Decisions,” presented by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, March 12, West Palm Beach, FL
- NBAA IS-BAO Flight Operations Manual Workshop, presented by John J. Sheehan, May 27 and 28, Geneva, Switzerland
- “Breakthrough Leadership,” presented by Summit Solutions, LLC, October 11 in conjunction with the NBAA 57th Annual Meeting & Convention, Las Vegas, NV
For more information about the NBAA Professional Development Program, contact the Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the web at www.nbaa.org/pdp. For more information about the NBAA Certified Aviation Manager Program, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.nbaa.org/cam.
NBAA represents the aviation interests of more than 7,500 companies that own or operate general aviation aircraft as an aid to the conduct of their business, or are involved with business aviation. NBAA Member Companies earn annual revenues approaching $5 trillion â€” a number that is about half the gross domestic product â€” and employ more than 19 million people worldwide. The NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention is the world’s largest display of civil aviation products and services.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via e-mail. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release e-mail list, fill out and submit the online form found on the web at www.nbaa.org/news/pr/subscribe.