The NBAA Maintenance Committee is dedicated to promoting technical education and training as a means for business aviation maintenance technicians to enhance their careers. To support this position, NBAA Charities offers current and aspiring maintenance technicians the opportunity to receive AMT Maintenance Scholarships. Military aviation personnel transitioning to business aviation are also eligible for this scholarship.
AMT Maintenance aircraft, engine and avionics training awards are donated by:
- Abaris Training Resources, Inc. – M1-R1 Advanced Composite Structures: Fabrication and Damage Repair (Phase 1) – five-day course (4 awards)
- ASTM – ASTM NCATT Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) Core Skills exam.
- CAE Training – Lear 45 FAA Maintenance Initial, 2 weeks, CAE, Dallas, TX
- Collins Aerospace – Pro Line Fusion Gulfstream G-280 Avionics Course (#523-0816661); Pro Line Fusion Global 5000/6000 Avionics Course (#523-0817473); Pro Line Fusion Embraer L500 Avionic Course (#523-0820485)
- Dassault Falcon Jet Corp – Falcon 900EX EASy, 2000EX EASy or Falcon 7X Maintenance Initial – CAE Training Centers, Dallas, Little Rock, or Morristown; Falcon 900EX EASy, 2000EX EASy or Falcon 7X/8X Maintenance Initial – FlightSafety Training Centers
- FlightSafety International– Avionics Standard Practice, 5 days, FlightSafety International, Savannah, Georgia – Dallas, Texas,; Gulfstream G500/600 Maintenance Initial, 15 days, FlightSafety International, Savannah, Georgia ; Falcon 7X/8X Maintenance Initial, 20 Days, FlightSafety International, Dallas, Texas ; PT6 Turboprop Engine Line Maintenance,5 days, FlightSafety International, multiple locations
- Garmin Ltd. – Maintenance Training Class: Garmin G3000 /5000 Introduction, 2 days, Garmin Aviation Training, Olathe, KS,
- Gogo Business Aviation – Three Day Master Technician and Installer Course – Held at GoGo in Broomfield, CO
- Rolls-Royce, Inc. – One engine course for Rolls-Royce engines currently in production (2 Awards)
- Satcom Direct – one aeroIT: Aviation Information Technology certification training course, 1 week, Melbourne, FL,
- Textron Aviation – Citation CJ3/CJ3+ Series Maintenance Initial Training 10 Days ; King Air 250 Maintenance Initial Training 10 Days
- University of Southern California, Viterbi School of Engineering – Either one of these two courses: Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance (HFMX) or Safety Management for Aviation Maintenance (MAINT.) Complimentary tuition. Each course is 4.5 days in length and conducted at our Century Boulevard facility in Los Angeles.
- Williams International – FJ44/FJ33 Line Maintenance Training – Pontiac Michigan (4 Awards)
Additionally, several organizations have donated to the AMT travel fund to help offset travel and lodging expenses incurred by award recipients during training and they are listed above.
Awards will be made to U.S. citizens or nonresident aliens on a student visa without regards to sex, race, religion or national origin.
AMT awards will be redeemable under the conditions established by NBAA and its donors, and applicants are limited to receiving one award per person every other year; i.e., recipients of the 2022 scholarship are not eligible to apply for 2023, but they will be eligible to apply again in 2024.
Recipients are also responsible for costs associated with the scholarship, such as travel and lodging expenses, unless otherwise noted. AMT Maintenance Scholarships are one of several scholarship programs offered by NBAA to promote professional development and business aviation careers. For all NBAA scholarships, applicants are limited to receiving one award per person, per year. For more information, visit www.nbaa.org/professional-development/scholarships/.
Please note: Recipients must use separate Travel Fund Application after a scholarship is awarded to apply for travel assistance.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or nonresident alien student in Part 147 School.
Direct all questions about this application to NBAA’s Molly Hitch at 202-783-9353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.