Contact: Dan Hubbard, 202-783-9360, firstname.lastname@example.org
Geneva, Switzerland, May 23, 2019 – Organizers today wrapped a highly successful 2019 edition of the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE2019), pointing to the many ways the show highlighted the innovation and investment driving the future of business aviation.
“The excitement and enthusiasm surrounding this year’s show has been palpable throughout the week,” said European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) Secretary General Athar Husain Khan. “EBACE2019 was characterized by new products, new business models, new investment opportunities and a new generation of aviation professionals determined to make their mark.”
This year’s show was held May 21-23 at Geneva Airport and Palexpo conference center.
“Business aviation continues changing right before our eyes, and here at EBACE, we have seen and touched the industry’s future,” said National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) President and CEO Ed Bolen. “We’re finishing EBACE inspired by a vision of sustainable flight, urban air mobility and other game-changing innovations.”
Khan and Bolen pointed to a host of EBACE “firsts” and other elements that showcased the value of the event, and business aviation, as never before:
- The first-ever EBACE Innovation Pavilion showcased three different electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and concepts, from FACC AG, MAEM and Pegasus. Next to this display, the Innovation Zone hosted a panel presentation on eVTOL and the urban air mobility revolution.
- Of the 58 aircraft on the sold-out outdoor display, 23 arrived powered by sustainable alternative jet fuel (SAJF), as part of the inaugural EBACE SAJF “fly-in,” a milestone in demonstrating the industry’s support for development and adoption of the fuel. The fly-in followed on the heels of an industry “Fuelling the Future” demonstration day, held May 18 at London TAG Farnborough Airport.
- The static display was also a location for other “firsts” among aircraft manufacturers: Bombardier’s Global 7500 made its post-certification debut at EBACE, and Embraer displayed the new Praetor 600 aircraft for the first time since being certified in Europe, the U.S. and Brazil.
- The show floor spanned three halls at Palexpo, featuring nearly 400 exhibitors, including 10 new to EBACE, which were prominently located in the show’s New Exhibitor Pavilion.The packed halls were continuously filled with attendees representing more than 80 countries.
- The EBACE Opening Keynote Session featured Volocopter CEO Florian Reuter, who described his company’s eVTOL air taxi as “the perfect complement and addition to business aviation,” as well as UK Member of Parliament Grant Shapps, who called business aviation “essential,” and predicted of EBACE: “We will be here in another decade’s time with this exhibition bigger and more important than ever.”
- EBACE2019 featured a number of new, well-attended Innovation Zone sessions, including an interactive “Shark Tank”-style presentation of future leaders’ proposals for encouraging corporate social and environmental responsibility.
- The show’s Careers in Business Aviation Day, now in its fourth year, drew strong attendance by students from area schools. EBACE also provided an opportunity for EBAA to announce the opening of nominations for the second delegation of students sponsored by the association to participate in the One Young World summit, an initiative that is part of EBAA’s Expanding Horizons campaign.
See EBACE TV clips with highlights from show, along with news, photo galleries and dispatches from each day of the convention at the EBACE Newsroom. Join the ongoing conversation about #EBACE19 on Twitter and Facebook.
“EBACE2019 provided a clear look at the future of business aviation, making the show more important than ever,” said Bolen. “We’re eager to come together next year and see the next stage in all these advancements.”
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 companies and professionals and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.
Members of the media may receive NBAA Press Releases immediately via email. To subscribe to the NBAA Press Release email list, submit the online form.