NBAA-BACE Safety Focus to Feature NTSB, FAA, Others With Unmatched Expertise
Sept. 9, 2021
What is business aviation doing to enhance safe operations? What do the leading experts have to say regarding new technologies and procedures? How can we learn from the mistakes of others?
The 2021 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) offers multiple events and gatherings for these important and industry-changing discussions and presentations. Presenters include: Bruce Landsburg, vice chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Charlie Precourt, shuttle commander and safety expert, Dr. Tony Kern, CEO of Convergent Performance and many more. Here’s a look at how safety will be in focus, with an emphasis on practical guidance for aviation planning, throughout the convention week, Oct 12-14.
- NTSB Vice Chair Bruce Landsberg and Tarek Loutfy, GE Aviation, will present on proactive safety measures for single pilots
- Charlie Precourt will present an update on a new go-around decision making study from the Citation Jet Pilots
- Glen Grubb, JAARS, will present on developing and using customized operating procedures to make your single-pilot operations safer and more efficient
- Todd Hotes and Elliott Fisher, Polymer Resources, will present on single-pilot aeronautical decision making and a recent survey they conducted to dive into the topic
- Is a New SMS Mandate Coming? The FAA and NTSB weigh in
- PREFLIGHT Live: Promoting Professionalism
- You Are What They Eat – Ensuring Onboard Food Safety
- New Online Sessions:
- Meet the Regulators
- Enhanced Training and Safety in Part 135 Operations
- Dr. Tony Kern, Convergent Performance, will present on igniting positive professionalism.
- Antonio Cortés, Ph.D., EagleView Technologies, will present on leadership influences on aviation safety.
- NTSB investigators will present their perspectives on safety leadership and professionalism, and what can be learned from business aviation accidents.
“Safety is a core value for business aviation and NBAA is pleased to offer a host of online and in-person educational and engagement opportunities for NBAA-BACE to support the industry’s continued efforts to enhance safety in business aviation activities,” said Mark Larsen, NBAA director of safety, standards, and flight operations.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.