Updated July 27, 2016
Significant air traffic volume is expected at Friedman Memorial Airport (SUN) in Hailey, ID for the 2017 Friedman Memorial Airport Event, to be held July 11 to 16, in Sun Valley, ID.
Due to limited overnight and extended parking, it is likely that “drop-and-go only” operations will be initiated as needed at various times throughout the event. During periods of “drop-and-go only” operations, operators will need to relocate to another airport after dropping the passengers at SUN.
Operators should contact Atlantic Aviation to confirm current ramp capacity situation.
Atlantic Aviation – SUN
There will be no required reservation programs for this event. The event will be on a “first-come, first-served” basis. Operators can expect the possibility of traffic management initiatives such as ground delay programs, miles-in-trail and ground stops if needed as well as structured routes in/out of SUN during the event. Friedman Memorial Airport management, Atlantic Aviation FBO and the SUN Air Traffic Control Tower have prepared detailed letters to pilots. These letters include the following details:
- Parking arrangements
- Expected peak traffic dates and times
- Airport noise abatement procedures
- FBO parking and ground handling procedures during the event
- ATC arrival and departure procedures
Route requirements into Friedman Memorial Airport during the event
- From the Northwest – MENIN-HLE-SUN
- From the Southwest – LLC-PARZZ-MENIN-HLE-KSUN
- From the South – ELY-TWF-MENIN-HLE-KSUN or PICHO-PATIO-TWF-MENIN-HLE-KSUN
- From the East – PIH-MENIN-HLE-KSUN